icons on deployed apps

pdigonzelli
Hi all, i have this situation.
Wen i create an .exe deployed application the i lost the icons for example
in the listView.
the traditional gold ball is replacion by interrogation symbol icon.
Someone can help me?
Thanks
Pablo

Re: icons on deployed apps

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Pablo,

> Hi all, i have this situation.
> Wen i create an .exe deployed application the i lost the icons for example
> in the listView.
> the traditional gold ball is replacion by interrogation symbol icon.
> Someone can help me?

A search of the archives will turn up a couple of answers.  You can
distribute the development resources DLL (but please check the license
first, just in case), or IIRC, there has been mention of adding the
icons to the stub and/or exe.

Have a good one,

Bill

--
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.

Re: icons on deployed apps

talios@gmail.com
Bill Schwab wrote:

> A search of the archives will turn up a couple of answers.  You can
> distribute the development resources DLL (but please check the license
> first, just in case), or IIRC, there has been mention of adding the
> icons to the stub and/or exe.

I posted something similar to this the other day but never saw it show up.

How does one add there OWN icons to Toolbar's in Dolphin?  I tried
selecting my own BMP but Dolphin wants to take an index into it for the
image, do I -have- to go the route of building my own image containing
ALL icons I want to use?  That seems somewhat painfull...

Mark

Re: icons on deployed apps

Yar Hwee Boon-3
On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 15:34:41 +1200, Mark Derricutt <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> How does one add there OWN icons to Toolbar's in Dolphin?  I tried
> selecting my own BMP but Dolphin wants to take an index into it for the
> image, do I -have- to go the route of building my own image containing
> ALL icons I want to use?  That seems somewhat painfull...

If your BMP only contains the bitmap for 1 button, then the index is 0,
its just an image list with 1 element. Read Ian Bartholomew's explanation
-
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&c2coff=1&selm=%25d2m9.11568%24J47.1014085%40stones

--
Regards
HweeBoon

Re: icons on deployed apps

talios@gmail.com
Yar Hwee Boon wrote:

> If your BMP only contains the bitmap for 1 button, then the index is
> 0,  its just an image list with 1 element. Read Ian Bartholomew's
> explanation  -

Thats what I thought, and for some reason it didn't work last week when
I tried it, although it did just then.

 From memory ( from way back in my Delphi days ) I recall something
about the colour used in the top left/bottom right is used to identify
the transparent colour...  however this doesn't seem to be the case here
- so button gets an ugly white border :(

Mark

Re: icons on deployed apps

Yar Hwee Boon-3
On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 16:33:23 +1200, Mark Derricutt <[hidden email]>
wrote:

>  From memory ( from way back in my Delphi days ) I recall something
> about the colour used in the top left/bottom right is used to identify
> the transparent colour...  however this doesn't seem to be the case here
> - so button gets an ugly white border :(

RGB (192,192,192) should do the trick.

--
Regards
HweeBoon

Re: icons on deployed apps

Blair McGlashan-3
"Mark Derricutt" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:ciqvas$[hidden email]...
> From memory ( from way back in my Delphi days ) I recall something about
> the colour used in the top left/bottom right is used to identify the
> transparent colour...  however this doesn't seem to be the case here - so
> button gets an ugly white border :(

You need to turn on the 'Map 3D colours' aspect, e.g.

    bmp setMap3DColors: true

This is off by default (and yes, why isn't it a published aspect following
the normal naming conventions for a boolean property?)

This will cause Dolphin to pass the LR_LOADMAP3DCOLORS flag to the
LoadImage() Win32 API when loading the bitmap. Here's a quote from the MSDN
docs for LoadImage:

LOADMAP3DCOLORS Searches the color table for the image and replaces the
following shades of gray with the corresponding 3-D color:
                  Color Replaced with
                  Dk Gray, RGB(128,128,128) COLOR_3DSHADOW
                  Gray, RGB(192,192,192) COLOR_3DFACE
                  Lt Gray, RGB(223,223,223) COLOR_3DLIGHT

        Do not use this option if you are loading a bitmap with a color
depth greater than 8bpp.

So, as Yar Hwee Boon says, you need to draw your Bitmap with a mid-grey
(COLOR_3DFACE), but you also need to turn on the 3D colour mapping, or the
bitmap will not be updated to use the correct colours for your Windows
display/appearance configuration. Actually its a good idea to try switching
to a different theme and restarting your app to verify that the toolbars do
map correctly.

HTH

Blair

Re: icons on deployed apps

Yar Hwee Boon-3
On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 09:40:01 +0100, Blair McGlashan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> You need to turn on the 'Map 3D colours' aspect, e.g.
>
>     bmp setMap3DColors: true
>
> This is off by default (and yes, why isn't it a published aspect

ToolbarButton>>bitmap: sets that flag though, so I guess you don't have to
do it yourself.

--
Regards
HweeBoon

Re: icons on deployed apps

Blair McGlashan-3
"Yar Hwee Boon" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...

> On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 09:40:01 +0100, Blair McGlashan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> You need to turn on the 'Map 3D colours' aspect, e.g.
>>
>>     bmp setMap3DColors: true
>>
>> This is off by default (and yes, why isn't it a published aspect
>
> ToolbarButton>>bitmap: sets that flag though, so I guess you don't have to
> do it yourself.

True, I'd overlooked that. However you might get a surprise the first time
you used a bitmap if it had already been realised (say you inspected the
Bitmap), since setting the flag has no effect once the Bitmap has been
loaded.

Regards

Blair