identifying zip and comparing to current local Pharo install

identifying zip and comparing to current local Pharo install

LogiqueWerks
Hi

Would it be a nuisance for a file such as

 Pharo-1.4-14438-OneClick.zip

to include an empty text file named

  14438

or to add that id to the readme along with date (preferably the former
- but since the date is being written there anyway ... )

I no longer have the DASD on this laptop to keep all of these zip's,
but at the same time like our clean install using just 'Pharo-1.4'
directory naming.

Comparing the dates in README.txt seems silly when the zip already
carries an id.

Just one of those little things that makes morning coffee more
enjoyable ... (one less needless vexation)

Cheers/ciao

Robert

Re: identifying zip and comparing to current local Pharo install

Marcus Denker-4

On Jun 13, 2012, at 3:26 PM, Robert Shiplett wrote:

> Hi
>
> Would it be a nuisance for a file such as
>
> Pharo-1.4-14438-OneClick.zip
>
> to include an empty text file named
>
>  14438
>
> or to add that id to the readme along with date (preferably the former
> - but since the date is being written there anyway ... )
>
> I no longer have the DASD on this laptop to keep all of these zip's,
> but at the same time like our clean install using just 'Pharo-1.4'
> directory naming.
>
> Comparing the dates in README.txt seems silly when the zip already
> carries an id.
>
> Just one of those little things that makes morning coffee more
> enjoyable ... (one less needless vexation)

Yes, we should do that.

Can you add a ticket in the issue tracker?

--
Marcus Denker -- http://marcusdenker.de

Re: identifying zip and comparing to current local Pharo install

LogiqueWerks
Entered as

Issue 6061: place release ID in filename inside the one-click app zip

thx

Canada