im using pharo 7 with linux env. but cannot input korean.

im using pharo 7 with linux env. but cannot input korean.

peter yoo
hello~.. im using pharo 7 with linux env. but cannot input korean.

and.. already start shell script file open and add "--compositioninput". but any receive data from XIM(fcitx).

who know for this issue? thanks.

Re: im using pharo 7 with linux env. but cannot input korean.

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
peter yoo wrote
> cannot input korean.

Will you say more about your issue (e.g. steps to reproduce)? Make sure you
use a font that contains Korean characters. When I wrote a Chinese
(traditional) app, the default Pharo font did not and I had to change to
"Arial Unicode MS"

-----
Cheers,
Sean

Sean

Re: im using pharo 7 with linux env. but cannot input korean.

HilaireFernandes
In your trad. chinese app were you able to key in chinese? A taiwanese
friend of mine will be interested to know.

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: im using pharo 7 with linux env. but cannot input korean.

Pierce Ng-3
On Fri, Feb 15, 2019 at 10:42:42PM +0900, peter yoo wrote:
> hello~.. im using pharo 7 with linux env. but cannot input korean.
> and.. already start shell script file open and add "--compositioninput".

I start Pharo with -compositioninput (one dash, didn't try two dashes
for the option). Chinese and Japanese input works for me. In Pharo I use
Noto Sans font loaded from system. OS is Xubuntu 18.04. Input system is
fcitx and mozc for Japanese. In Pharo playground, press alt-space to
enable Chinese/Japanese input, and just type.

cjinput.png (103K) Download Attachment

Re: im using pharo 7 with linux env. but cannot input korean.

HilaireFernandes
Thanks, I will test with my friend

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: im using pharo 7 with linux env. but cannot input korean.

peter yoo
maybe my linux env is fail now. because xterm cannot use korean input. more check after report this thread. thanks for all. :D

Re: im using pharo 7 with linux env. but cannot input korean.

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
HilaireFernandes wrote
> In your trad. chinese app were you able to key in chinese?

I didn't try because the characters were pulled in from an external data
source. I only needed to display them.

-----
Cheers,
Sean

Sean

Re: im using pharo 7 with linux env. but cannot input korean.

HilaireFernandes

Hi Pierce,

Yes, this option worked to key in Chinese.

By the way, do you know if any option is needed on Windows? I checked for the options but I did not see anything relevant:

hilaire@PCHome:~/Travaux/Developpement/DrGeoII/trunk/build/bundles/windows/DrGeo$ wine Contents/vm/DrGeo.exe --help
Usage: Pharo Virtual Machine [vmOptions] imageFile [imageOptions]

vmOptions:
	-service: ServiceName 	(install VM as NT service)
	-headless 		(force VM to run headless)
	-timephases 		(print start load and run times)
	-log: LogFile 		(use LogFile for VM messages)
	-memory: megaByte 	(set memory to megaByte MB)
	-breaksel: string 	(call warning on send of sel for debug)
	-breakmnu: string 	(call warning on MNU of sel for debug)
	-leakcheck: n 		(leak check on GC (1=full,2=incr,3=both))
	-eden: bytes 		(set eden memory size to bytes)
	-stackpages: n 		(use n stack pages)
	-numextsems: n 		(allow up to n external semaphores)
	-checkpluginwrites 	(check for writes past end of object in plugins
	-noheartbeat 		(no heartbeat for debug)
	-trace[=num]		enable tracing (optionally to a specific value)
	-warnpid   		(print pid in warnings)
	-[no]failonffiexception   		([never]always catch exceptions in FFI calls)
	-codesize: bytes 	(set machine-code memory size to bytes)
	-cogmaxlits: n 		(set max number of literals for methods to be compiled to machine code)
	-cogminjumps: n 	(set min number of backward jumps for interpreted methods to be considered for compilation to machine code)
	-tracestores 		(assert-check stores for debug)
	-reportheadroom 	(report unused stack headroom on exit)
	-dpcso: bytes 		(stack offset for prim calls for debug)
	-maxoldspace: bytes 	(set max size of old space memory to bytes)
	-logscavenge 		(log scavenging to scavenge.log)
Options begin with single -, but -- prefix is silently accepted
Options with arguments -opt:n are also accepted with separators -opt n

Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 09:42:18AM +0100, Hilaire wrote:
> Hi Pierce,
> Yes, this option worked to key in Chinese.
>
> By the way, do you know if any option is needed on Windows? I checked
> for the options but I did not see anything relevant:

Hi Hilaire,

My self-built VM on Windows 7 doesn't have the option either. But,
multilingual input into Pharo works.

Outside of Pharo, configure Windows multilingual input. Within Pharo,
choose a font like Arial Unicode MS. Then just switch Windows input
system using hot-key or mouse click, and type. See screenshot.

Pierce

p7win.multilingual.png (166K) Download Attachment

Re: im using pharo 7 with linux env. but cannot input korean.

HilaireFernandes
Thanks Pierce.

So kind of work out of the box as long as the appropriate font is selected.

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: im using pharo 7 with linux env. but cannot input korean.

peter yoo
ok. today me tested again. maybe my XIM env is bad before. is ok now. thanks to all.
all fcitx package remove and re-install. and ok...

감사합니다. for pharo users. :D

=?UTF-8?B?7Iqk7YGs66aw7IO3LCAyMDE5LTAzLTA2IDAxLTU1LTAxLnBuZw==?= (29K) Download Attachment

Re: im using pharo 7 with linux env. but cannot input korean.

HilaireFernandes
Cool.

--
Dr. Geo