im using pharo in wayland system.

peter yoo
hello! im new install ubuntu 18.04 LTS to my desktop. but pharo cannot run.

look a attached png then know the problem. cannot using wirh wayland system now?

maybe guess.... because freetype.... have a solution then help to me please.

=?UTF-8?B?7Iqk7YGs66aw7IO3LCAyMDE4LTA1LTI0IDIxLTAxLTM1LnBuZw==?= (133K) Download Attachment
=?UTF-8?B?7Iqk7YGs66aw7IO3LCAyMDE4LTA1LTI0IDIxLTAxLTU1LnBuZw==?= (314K) Download Attachment

Re: im using pharo in wayland system.

Guillermo Polito
Hi Peter, would you mind testing latest Pharo7 also and telling us if you see some similar problem?
Several things were improved in the freetype bindings since Pharo6, and probably this is fixed?.

Tx,
Guille

--

Guille Polito

Research Engineer

CRIStAL - UMR 9189

French National Center for Scientific Research - http://www.cnrs.fr

Web: http://guillep.github.io

Phone: +33 06 52 70 66 13

Re: im using pharo in wayland system.

Thierry Goubier
Hi Peter,

I've seen the same error on a fresh 18.04 system I have installed last
week, and the solution was to add the Open Sans fonts to the user
folder (~/.fonts) and rebuild X font cache.

By the way, Ubuntu 17.10 was Wayland, Ubuntu 18.04 is not Wayland, as
far as I know. And I had Pharo working on both.

Regards,

Thierry

> hello! im new install ubuntu 18.04 LTS to my desktop. but pharo cannot run.
>
> look a attached png then know the problem. cannot using wirh wayland system
> now?
>
> maybe guess.... because freetype.... have a solution then help to me please.
>
> --
> http://lookandwalk.com  http://looknw.com | http://onionmixer.net
> peter yoo(Jonghwa Yoo). ROK

Re: im using pharo in wayland system.

peter yoo
to Guillermo > where can download pharo 7? cannot find from google.

to Thierry > hm... same now... install font and fc-cache later is same. and.... im using nouveau driver. using wayland now :D

Le jeu. 24 mai 2018 16:23, peter yoo <[hidden email]> a écrit :
to Guillermo > where can download pharo 7? cannot find from google.

to Thierry > hm... same now... install font and fc-cache later is same. and.... im using nouveau driver. using wayland now :D

Oh, ok, maybe it's a nouveau driver constraint.

I installed two fonts. I need to check again.

Thierry

Re: im using pharo in wayland system.

peter yoo
thank you. Thierry :D

Le 24/05/2018 à 18:16, peter yoo a écrit :
> thank you. Thierry :D

Ok, I checked again, now that I'm back with a 18.04 system.

I have SourceCodePro and SourceSansPro as fonts.

Thierry

Re: im using pharo in wayland system.

peter yoo
to Thierry. hm... look your reply then... im unzip new pure pharo and test. ok now.

감사합니다. Thierry :D