image crash

pdigonzelli1
My image is crashing an close suddendly. In Nautilus right-click menu does not work.
In order to start on a new image i need to fileout my classes by code not by menu.
My question is how can i fileout a class from the workspace ?

TIA

Ing. Pablo Digonzelli
Software Solutions
IP-Solutiones SRL
Metrotec SRL
25 de Mayo 521
Email: [hidden email]
[hidden email]
Cel: 5493815982714

Re: image crash

pdigonzelli1
I want to know if there is a way to apply a .changes file of my old image to a fresh one?

TIA

Ing. Pablo Digonzelli
Software Solutions
IP-Solutiones SRL
Metrotec SRL
25 de Mayo 521
Email: [hidden email]
[hidden email]
Cel: 5493815982714

Re: image crash

pdigonzelli1
From where can i download oz for pharo 3?

TIA

Ing. Pablo Digonzelli
Software Solutions
IP-Solutiones SRL
Metrotec SRL
25 de Mayo 521
Email: [hidden email]
[hidden email]
Cel: 5493815982714

Re: image crash

philippeback

Le 28 juin 2014 16:03, "Pablo R. Digonzelli" <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> I want to know if there is a way to apply a .changes file of my old image to a fresh one?

Yes.

Copy it over the new changes file and try 'recover changes' from the world menu.

Maybe drag and drop works too.

Phil

> TIA
>

> ________________________________
> Ing. Pablo Digonzelli
> Software Solutions
> IP-Solutiones SRL
> Metrotec SRL
> 25 de Mayo 521
> Email: [hidden email]
> [hidden email]
> Cel: 5493815982714
>
> ________________________________
> De: "Pablo R. Digonzelli" <[hidden email]>
> Para: "Any question about pharo is welcome" <[hidden email]>
> Enviados: Sábado, 28 de Junio 2014 10:42:31
> Asunto: [Pharo-users] image crash
>

> My image is crashing an close suddendly. In Nautilus right-click menu does not work.
> In order to start on a new image i need to fileout my classes by code not by menu.
> My question is how can i fileout a class from the workspace ?
>

> TIA
>
> ________________________________
> Ing. Pablo Digonzelli
> Software Solutions
> IP-Solutiones SRL
> Metrotec SRL
> 25 de Mayo 521
> Email: [hidden email]
> [hidden email]
> Cel: 5493815982714

Re: image crash

philippeback

Guille once sent me an image that he used to help me solve a dead/frozen image.

But it was no 3.0

It is frustrating that Oz is not more available as I got locked out of an image this week due to a socket primitive failing and making the image closing after opening.

One lesson is that images are not stable things. And an integration script helping rebuild it all from scratch is key.

Thanks to Sebastian Sastre to have  helped me among that path!

Now, images should not freeze.
And failing primitives on sockets should not lock one out.

I'll have a look at the VM to see why this one happens. It was in the FTP Monticello code.

Also the fact that one cannot interrupt the VM in bytecode under specifc conditions - no back jumps - makes me very nervous.

For commercial work these things are important.

Phil

Le 28 juin 2014 16:25, "Pablo R. Digonzelli" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
From where can i download oz for pharo 3?

TIA

Ing. Pablo Digonzelli
Software Solutions
IP-Solutiones SRL
Metrotec SRL
25 de Mayo 521
Email: [hidden email]
[hidden email]
Cel: 5493815982714

Re: image crash

pdigonzelli1
I think i will recover my work but it will take a lot of time working from a .changes file with an editor.

TIA

Ing. Pablo Digonzelli
Software Solutions
IP-Solutiones SRL
Metrotec SRL
25 de Mayo 521
Email: [hidden email]
[hidden email]
Cel: 5493815982714

De: [hidden email]
Para: "Any question about pharo is welcome" <[hidden email]>
Enviados: Sábado, 28 de Junio 2014 13:10:14

[...]

From where can i download oz for pharo 3?

TIA

Ing. Pablo Digonzelli
Software Solutions
IP-Solutiones SRL
Metrotec SRL
25 de Mayo 521
Email: [hidden email]
[hidden email]
Cel: 5493815982714

De: [hidden email]
Para: "Any question about pharo is welcome" <[hidden email]>
[...]

From where can i download oz for pharo 3?

TIA

Ing. Pablo Digonzelli
Software Solutions
IP-Solutiones SRL
Metrotec SRL
25 de Mayo 521
Email: [hidden email]
[hidden email]
Cel: 5493815982714

Re: image crash

pdigonzelli1
Yes , Phil. I recover my work using the .changes file of corrupted image and I recover my work with "Recover lost changes"  tool.
Thanks a lot!

Ing. Pablo Digonzelli
Software Solutions
IP-Solutiones SRL
Metrotec SRL
25 de Mayo 521
Email: [hidden email]
[hidden email]
Cel: 5493815982714

De: [hidden email]
Para: "Any question about pharo is welcome" <[hidden email]>
[...]

From where can i download oz for pharo 3?

TIA

Ing. Pablo Digonzelli
Software Solutions
IP-Solutiones SRL
Metrotec SRL
25 de Mayo 521
Email: [hidden email]
[hidden email]
Cel: 5493815982714

Re: image crash

stepharo
Normally you can replay your changes. Do not do that from an editor.
What you can try is to
    get a new image + changes
    and copy your changes files rto erase the new change file and try a "recover lost change" (in the tools menu).

Now can you open monticello?

On 28/6/14 15:42, Pablo R. Digonzelli wrote:
My image is crashing an close suddendly. In Nautilus right-click menu does not work.
In order to start on a new image i need to fileout my classes by code not by menu.
My question is how can i fileout a class from the workspace ?

TIA

Ing. Pablo Digonzelli
Software Solutions
IP-Solutiones SRL
Metrotec SRL
25 de Mayo 521
Email: [hidden email]
[hidden email]
Cel: 5493815982714

Re: image crash

stepharo
Phil

there is no magic.
We cannot clone people and we should pay people also and our backlog is quite large.

Stef

On 28/6/14 18:10, [hidden email] wrote:

Guille once sent me an image that he used to help me solve a dead/frozen image.

But it was no 3.0

It is frustrating that Oz is not more available as I got locked out of an image this week due to a socket primitive failing and making the image closing after opening.

One lesson is that images are not stable things. And an integration script helping rebuild it all from scratch is key.

Thanks to Sebastian Sastre to have  helped me among that path!

Now, images should not freeze.
And failing primitives on sockets should not lock one out.

I'll have a look at the VM to see why this one happens. It was in the FTP Monticello code.

Also the fact that one cannot interrupt the VM in bytecode under specifc conditions - no back jumps - makes me very nervous.

why this is like that in many smalltalk VM if I'M correct.

For commercial work these things are important.

Phil

Le 28 juin 2014 16:25, "Pablo R. Digonzelli" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
From where can i download oz for pharo 3?

TIA

Ing. Pablo Digonzelli
Software Solutions
IP-Solutiones SRL
Metrotec SRL
25 de Mayo 521
Email: [hidden email]
[hidden email]
Cel: 5493815982714

On 28/6/14 22:43, Pablo R. Digonzelli wrote:
Yes , Phil. I recover my work using the .changes file of corrupted image and I recover my work with "Recover lost changes"  tool.
Thanks a lot!

Good.
Save your work on SmalltalkHUb or related.

Ing. Pablo Digonzelli
Software Solutions
IP-Solutiones SRL
Metrotec SRL
25 de Mayo 521
Email: [hidden email]
[hidden email]
Cel: 5493815982714

De: [hidden email]
Para: "Any question about pharo is welcome" <[hidden email]>
[...]

From where can i download oz for pharo 3?

TIA

Ing. Pablo Digonzelli
Software Solutions
IP-Solutiones SRL
Metrotec SRL
25 de Mayo 521
Email: [hidden email]
[hidden email]
Cel: 5493815982714

Re: image crash

EstebanLM

On 29 Jun 2014, at 10:36, stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

yes, but this is not a VM problem but the image.
is about how the image react to a socket presence when restarting.

Also the fact that one cannot interrupt the VM in bytecode under specifc conditions - no back jumps - makes me very nervous.

why this is like that in many smalltalk VM if I'M correct.

AFAIK, is a problem on any VM not just smalltalk ones (but probably for us is more important than others).

For commercial work these things are important.

Phil

Le 28 juin 2014 16:25, "Pablo R. Digonzelli" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
From where can i download oz for pharo 3?

TIA

Ing. Pablo Digonzelli
Software Solutions
IP-Solutiones SRL
Metrotec SRL
25 de Mayo 521
Email: [hidden email]
[hidden email]
Cel: 5493815982714

Re: image crash

pdigonzelli1
In my case, I made a mistake wich crashes the image.
After Phil explainme how to use my changes file on a new image i recover my work i think very efficiently.
Thanks for the help

Ing. Pablo Digonzelli
Software Solutions
IP-Solutiones SRL
Metrotec SRL
25 de Mayo 521
Email: [hidden email]
[hidden email]
Cel: 5493815982714

De: "Esteban Lorenzano" <[hidden email]>
Para: "Any question about pharo is welcome" <[hidden email]>
Enviados: Lunes, 30 de Junio 2014 5:21:34

[...]

From where can i download oz for pharo 3?

TIA

Ing. Pablo Digonzelli
Software Solutions