image persistency

Tudor Girba-3
Hi,

I am trying to make ImagePersistency with seasidehosting, but it does
not work, because the code seems to try to access '/' instead of the
directory of the image. I know that at least seaside.st is on
seasidehosting, and I was wondering how did you solve this issue.

I attached here the debug log I got.

Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com
www.tudorgirba.com/blog

"From an abstract enough point of view, any two things are similar."

SqueakDebug.log (2K) Download Attachment

Re: image persistency

Lukas Renggli-2
Hi Doru,

> I am trying to make ImagePersistency with seasidehosting, but it
> does not work, because the code seems to try to access '/' instead
> of the directory of the image. I know that at least seaside.st is on
> seasidehosting, and I was wondering how did you solve this issue.

I think this has come up before. Also in the context of using the
Magma object database. The problem is that saving the image tries to
iterate over the directory tree, what is restricted on
seasidehosting.st. I thought this issue was resolved? Or is there a
patch that needs to be loaded? I don't remember.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: image persistency

Tudor Girba-3
Hi Lukas,

>> I am trying to make ImagePersistency with seasidehosting, but it
>> does not work, because the code seems to try to access '/' instead
>> of the directory of the image. I know that at least seaside.st is on
>> seasidehosting, and I was wondering how did you solve this issue.
>
> I think this has come up before. Also in the context of using the
> Magma object database. The problem is that saving the image tries to
> iterate over the directory tree, what is restricted on
> seasidehosting.st. I thought this issue was resolved? Or is there a
> patch that needs to be loaded? I don't remember.

Do you have any idea of who should we ask? :)

Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com
www.tudorgirba.com/blog

"Problem solving should be concentrated on describing
the problem in a way that is relevant for the solution."

Re: image persistency

keith1y
Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi Lukas,
>

>>> I am trying to make ImagePersistency with seasidehosting, but it
>>> does not work, because the code seems to try to access '/' instead
>>> of the directory of the image. I know that at least seaside.st is on
>>> seasidehosting, and I was wondering how did you solve this issue.
>>>
>> I think this has come up before. Also in the context of using the
>> Magma object database. The problem is that saving the image tries to
>> iterate over the directory tree, what is restricted on
>> seasidehosting.st. I thought this issue was resolved? Or is there a
>> patch that needs to be loaded? I don't remember.

 Magma should be happy being given a relative path.

The problem reported seems to be when using Image Persistency

Keith

Re: image persistency

Lukas Renggli-2
>>> I am trying to make ImagePersistency with seasidehosting, but it
>>> does not work, because the code seems to try to access '/' instead
>>> of the directory of the image. I know that at least seaside.st is on
>>> seasidehosting, and I was wondering how did you solve this issue.
>>
>> I think this has come up before. Also in the context of using the
>> Magma object database. The problem is that saving the image tries to
>> iterate over the directory tree, what is restricted on
>> seasidehosting.st. I thought this issue was resolved? Or is there a
>> patch that needs to be loaded? I don't remember.
>
> Do you have any idea of who should we ask? :)

I was wrong, this wasn't discussed on the Magritte mailing-list, but
on the internal one of seasidehosting.st. Maybe Keith Hodges knows
more, how he solved the problem in the end. He wrote at that time:

> Creating a repository worked for me once, but now it fails again.
>
> Still stuck on: aFileDirectory assureExistence

Otherwise Adrian Lienhard might certainly be able to help.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: image persistency

Tudor Girba-3

The problem is indeed when using ImagePersistency. As I understood,
this is also the solution behind seaside.st which also stays on
seasidehosting.st.

So, I was just wondering how is it actually solved. Maybe seaside.st
has a special treatment on seasidehosting?

Cheers,
Doru

On Nov 29, 2007, at 5:44 PM, Keith Hodges wrote:

> Tudor Girba wrote:
>> Hi Lukas,

>>> I think this has come up before. Also in the context of using the
>>> Magma object database. The problem is that saving the image tries to
>>> iterate over the directory tree, what is restricted on
>>> seasidehosting.st. I thought this issue was resolved? Or is there a
>>> patch that needs to be loaded? I don't remember.
>>>
> Magma should be happy being given a relative path.
>
> The problem reported seems to be when using Image Persistency
>
> Keith

www.tudorgirba.com
www.tudorgirba.com/blog

"Obvious things are difficult to teach."

Re: image persistency

Lukas Renggli-2
> So, I was just wondering how is it actually solved. Maybe seaside.st
> has a special treatment on seasidehosting?

Indeed, www.seaside.st does not run on the restricted VM. Actually it
uses the same setup as the management application www.seasidehosting.st.

Lukas

--