image / software update

Sanjay Minni
Hi,

IIRC
there used to be an option in earlier versions to update the image ...
broadly it would get the latest version of all installed packages.

has that been done away with.

-----
cheers,
Sanjay

cheers,
Sanjay

Re: image / software update

Ben Coman

On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 at 13:46, Sanjay Minni <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

IIRC
there used to be an option in earlier versions to update the image ...
broadly it would get the latest version of all installed packages.

has that been done away with.

Thats right.  Pharo has moved away from Continuous Evolution which has an impact on reproducability
to Bootstrapping with Continuous Integration & Testing.  Each Pharo build starts with a completely empty Image.

cheers -ben

Re: image / software update

HilaireFernandes
Hi Ben,

As you mention bootstrap...

Do you know of any documentation targeted to application developer
willing to produce a bootstraped image for her/his application?

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: image / software update

Ben Coman

On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 at 16:25, Hilaire <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Ben,
>
> As you mention bootstrap...
>
> Do you know of any documentation targeted to application developer
> willing to produce a bootstraped image for her/his application?

I don't.  I've not been involved in producing the bootstrap.
and I'm sure if its still built from... https://github.com/guillep/PharoBootstrap
or https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo/tree/Pharo7.0/bootstrap

It would be great to have a README at the latter describing how users run their own bootstrap.

cheers -ben