image with Scamper?

Greg Buchholz-4
    The last time I toyed with Squeak (about 2 years ago), it came with a web browser.  When I just downloaded the latest Squeak release from squeak.org, it didn't come with a browser, so I tried using SqueakMap to install Scamper.  It warned me about not being compatible, but I went ahead and continued with the installation.  Of course it didn't work, complaining about a missing "parse" method.  So I'm wondering if anyone has an easy fix for getting Scamper (or another internal) web browser to work with the latest Squeak, or if someone knows where an older image resides with Scamper on it.  I couldn't find older images on squeak.org, is there a repository of previous squeak releases that I've overlooked?

Thanks,

Greg Buchholz

Re: image with Scamper?

David T. Lewis
On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 07:12:41AM -0700, Greg Buchholz wrote:

> I couldn't find older images on squeak.org, is there a repository of previous squeak releases that I've overlooked?

Re: image with Scamper?

Karl Ramberg
Greg Buchholz wrote:
>     The last time I toyed with Squeak (about 2 years ago), it came with a web browser.  When I just downloaded the latest Squeak release from squeak.org, it didn't come with a browser, so I tried using SqueakMap to install Scamper.  It warned me about not being compatible, but I went ahead and continued with the installation.  Of course it didn't work, complaining about a missing "parse" method.  So I'm wondering if anyone has an easy fix for getting Scamper (or another internal) web browser to work with the latest Squeak, or if someone knows where an older image resides with Scamper on it.  I couldn't find older images on squeak.org, is there a repository of previous squeak releases that I've overlooked?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Greg Buchholz
Network-HTML package must be loaded.

Karl

Re: image with Scamper?

Greg Buchholz-4

    Thanks, it looks like I must have been using v3.8 before.

Greg

> On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 07:12:41AM -0700, Greg Buchholz
> wrote:
> >
> > I couldn't find older images on squeak.org, is
> there a repository of previous squeak releases that I've
> overlooked?

Re: image with Scamper?

Greg Buchholz-4
--- On Sat, 10/25/08, Karl Ramberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Network-HTML package must be loaded.

    Thanks, that did the trick.  So SqueakMap doesn't automatically track dependencies?

Greg