implementors and senders when there is only one result

implementors and senders when there is only one result

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi folks,

I would love that when I look for senders, implementors, senders, etc for something, if there is ONLY ONE result, the system browser is opened directly with the class/method I am searching, instead of the implementor, senders or reference windows with one only raw.

What do you think? If you are agree I can open a ticket and mark it as milestone-1.1

Best

Mariano

Re: implementors and senders when there is only one result

Tudor Girba
Hi Mariano,

I think that is not a good user interface choice, because I never know
what I will get before asking for it.

What's more, the senders/implementors have a different functionality
than the browser (unfortunately), so I sometimes do want to search for
the senders of the sender, and if I get to a browser, I cannot do that.

But in a broader context I do think that we badly need a cohesive
effort to rethink and rebuild the tool chain :).

Cheers,
Doru

On 3 Nov 2009, at 04:05, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I would love that when I look for senders, implementors, senders,
> etc for something, if there is ONLY ONE result, the system browser
> is opened directly with the class/method I am searching, instead of
> the implementor, senders or reference windows with one only raw.
>
> What do you think? If you are agree I can open a ticket and mark it
> as milestone-1.1
>
> Best
>
> Mariano

www.tudorgirba.com

"The coherence of a trip is given by the clearness of the goal."

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 12:14 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Mariano,

I think that is not a good user interface choice, because I never know
what I will get before asking for it.

What's more, the senders/implementors have a different functionality
than the browser (unfortunately), so I sometimes do want to search for
the senders of the sender, and if I get to a browser, I cannot do that.

But in a broader context I do think that we badly need a cohesive
effort to rethink and rebuild the tool chain :).

Ok....I see your point. That's why I asked ;)

Can we agree then, at least, this:

Suppose I look for implementors of something. There is only ONE results. I click on the "browse" button and the class browsed is OBSelectorNode. I would like it to be the only one result. I mean, I would love no having to select the only one result in order to browse it.

What do you think?