implementors of

Ross Boylan
In the system browser I have PRAjaxSearchWidget>>renderContentOn:
selected.  When I hit the "implementors" button, or when I highlight a
method name in the body of renderContentOn: and hit alt-m, I only get
implementors of renderContentOn:.

Is it supposed to work this way?  Is there a convenient way to get a
list of all the methods in body of renderContentOn:, and pick one to see
its implementors (as in vanilla squeak, at least 3.10).

I'm working with Pier-1.2.app.zip downloaded a few days ago from the
Pier site.  Running on Linux.

Thanks.
Ross

Re: implementors of

Stéphane Ducasse
which browser are you using because OB2Package is in flux.

Stef

On Sep 22, 2009, at 6:11 AM, Ross Boylan wrote:

> In the system browser I have PRAjaxSearchWidget>>renderContentOn:
> selected.  When I hit the "implementors" button, or when I highlight a
> method name in the body of renderContentOn: and hit alt-m, I only get
> implementors of renderContentOn:.
>
> Is it supposed to work this way?  Is there a convenient way to get a
> list of all the methods in body of renderContentOn:, and pick one to
> see
> its implementors (as in vanilla squeak, at least 3.10).
>
> I'm working with Pier-1.2.app.zip downloaded a few days ago from the
> Pier site.  Running on Linux.
>
> Thanks.
> Ross

Re: implementors of

Damien Cassou
On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 6:11 AM, Ross Boylan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> In the system browser I have PRAjaxSearchWidget>>renderContentOn:
> selected.  When I hit the "implementors" button, or when I highlight a
> method name in the body of renderContentOn: and hit alt-m, I only get
> implementors of renderContentOn:.
>
> Is it supposed to work this way?  Is there a convenient way to get a
> list of all the methods in body of renderContentOn:, and pick one to see
> its implementors (as in vanilla squeak, at least 3.10).
>
> I'm working with Pier-1.2.app.zip downloaded a few days ago from the
> Pier site.  Running on Linux.

The list of messages sent in a method only appears in some browsers
and not others (this is a choice of Colin and/or Lukas who don't like
this list IIRC). So, if you can't live without this list, you have to
install the O2-based browsers. Since it's a bit tricky, I advise you
to use the latest Pharo web (http://pharo-project.org/pharo-download)
and change the default browser (click on the top-right icon of any
browser and 'Choose new default Browser').

Bye

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: implementors of

Ross Boylan
On Tue, 2009-09-22 at 10:45 +0200, Damien Cassou wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 6:11 AM, Ross Boylan <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > In the system browser I have PRAjaxSearchWidget>>renderContentOn:
> > selected.  When I hit the "implementors" button, or when I highlight a
> > method name in the body of renderContentOn: and hit alt-m, I only get
> > implementors of renderContentOn:.
> >
> > Is it supposed to work this way?  Is there a convenient way to get a
> > list of all the methods in body of renderContentOn:, and pick one to see
> > its implementors (as in vanilla squeak, at least 3.10).
> >
> > I'm working with Pier-1.2.app.zip downloaded a few days ago from the
> > Pier site.  Running on Linux.
>
> The list of messages sent in a method only appears in some browsers
> and not others (this is a choice of Colin and/or Lukas who don't like
> this list IIRC). So, if you can't live without this list, you have to
> install the O2-based browsers. Since it's a bit tricky, I advise you
O2 = ?
> to use the latest Pharo web (http://pharo-project.org/pharo-download)
I don't see a web version there, even if I go to
http://gforge.inria.fr/frs/?group_id=1299.

Do I need to load Pier into that image, or is it already there?

By any chance do the latest Pharo's fix the DNS problem I reported
earlier (namely, name lookups don't work)?  Someone said it was a known
issue, though the only report I could find was for MS Windows and I'm on
Linux.

On Tue, 2009-09-22 at 08:51 -0700, Ross Boylan wrote:
> > to use the latest Pharo web
> (http://pharo-project.org/pharo-download)
> I don't see a web version there, even if I go to
> http://gforge.inria.fr/frs/?group_id=1299.
Duh!  This must mean the image labelled seaside and pier.  The one on
the download page looks a bit dated, though.  Should I update from the
web (assuming DNS works!), or get something else?
Ross

Re: implementors of

Miguel Cobá
El mar, 22-09-2009 a las 08:51 -0700, Ross Boylan escribió:

> On Tue, 2009-09-22 at 10:45 +0200, Damien Cassou wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 6:11 AM, Ross Boylan <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > In the system browser I have PRAjaxSearchWidget>>renderContentOn:
> > > selected.  When I hit the "implementors" button, or when I highlight a
> > > method name in the body of renderContentOn: and hit alt-m, I only get
> > > implementors of renderContentOn:.
> > >
> > > Is it supposed to work this way?  Is there a convenient way to get a
> > > list of all the methods in body of renderContentOn:, and pick one to see
> > > its implementors (as in vanilla squeak, at least 3.10).
> > >
> > > I'm working with Pier-1.2.app.zip downloaded a few days ago from the
> > > Pier site.  Running on Linux.
> >
> > The list of messages sent in a method only appears in some browsers
> > and not others (this is a choice of Colin and/or Lukas who don't like
> > this list IIRC). So, if you can't live without this list, you have to
> > install the O2-based browsers. Since it's a bit tricky, I advise you
> O2 = ?
> > to use the latest Pharo web (http://pharo-project.org/pharo-download)
> I don't see a web version there, even if I go to
> http://gforge.inria.fr/frs/?group_id=1299.
>
> Do I need to load Pier into that image, or is it already there?
>
> By any chance do the latest Pharo's fix the DNS problem I reported
> earlier (namely, name lookups don't work)?  Someone said it was a known
> issue, though the only report I could find was for MS Windows and I'm on
> Linux.

> > and change the default browser (click on the top-right icon of any
> > browser and 'Choose new default Browser').
> Thanks.

Miguel Cobá
http://miguel.leugim.com.mx

Re: implementors of

Damien Cassou
On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 5:54 PM, Ross Boylan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> http://gforge.inria.fr/frs/?group_id=1299.
> Duh!  This must mean the image labelled seaside and pier.  The one on
> the download page looks a bit dated, though.  Should I update from the
> web (assuming DNS works!), or get something else?

What do you mean by dated? The version is 09.09.3 which means it's the
3rd version produced in september 2009. Looks quite new to me :-)