***important*** cannot remove a class anymore...

123

***important*** cannot remove a class anymore...

stepharo
Hi

I do not know if this is linked to recent changes but we cannot remove
classes or move them to another package.

Re: ***important*** cannot remove a class anymore...

Marcus Denker-4
Hi,

This is a side effect of

(which was reviewed by two people, so not obvious).

What happened is that #updatePackageGroupAndClassList calls itself via #selectedClass: leading to a loop.

Should be easy to fix for the people involved in case 16475.

   Marcus

On 05 Sep 2015, at 09:29, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

This is a side effect of

(which was reviewed by two people, so not obvious).

What happened is that #updatePackageGroupAndClassList calls itself via #selectedClass: leading to a loop.

Should be easy to fix for the people involved in case 16475.

I added an issue tracker entry:

Marcus

Re: ***important*** cannot remove a class anymore...

stepharo
How can I see the changes?
Our process is not good. Most of us do not get any chance understanding what is changing.

On 05 Sep 2015, at 11:40, stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:

How can I see the changes?
Our process is not good. Most of us do not get any chance understanding what is changing.

-> download the image before it was added
-> merge the slice.

Yes, our process is not good… but from a review perspective, this issue is the best we can do.
*two* reviews, both from people actively contributing to exactly that  part of the system.

If we require more, we will be back at a process where due to Fear we do nothing.

Hi,

This is a side effect of

(which was reviewed by two people, so not obvious).

What happened is that #updatePackageGroupAndClassList calls itself via #selectedClass: leading to a loop.

Should be easy to fix for the people involved in case 16475.

   Marcus

On Sat, Sep 5, 2015 at 8:51 AM, stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

I do not know if this is linked to recent changes but we cannot remove classes or move them to another package.

Re: ***important*** cannot remove a class anymore...

Marcus Denker-4

> On 05 Sep 2015, at 13:07, Yuriy Tymchuk <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Is there an easy way to browse a history of something. Or a blame view? Because “browse versions” that is available in Nautilus shows only the modifications in the current image. Having quick access to the history can speedup things sooo much

It should still show all changed done since the last condense of the sources/rewrite of the .sources.

But yes, the “versions” that is not using the data from the revision control system is kind of useless…

        Marcus

Re: ***important*** cannot remove a class anymore...

stepharo
This is my all point.
I cannot help because I cannot see simply what you did.

Le 5/9/15 13:07, Yuriy Tymchuk a écrit :
[...]

I do not want to require more. I want to see all the changes that we are doing without having to download an image
and doing merge.
I read many squeak changes like that and IT WORKS.

This is a side effect of

(which was reviewed by two people, so not obvious).

What happened is that #updatePackageGroupAndClassList calls itself via #selectedClass: leading to a loop.

Should be easy to fix for the people involved in case 16475.

   Marcus

On Sat, Sep 5, 2015 at 8:51 AM, stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

I do not know if this is linked to recent changes but we cannot remove classes or move them to another package.

Re: ***important*** cannot remove a class anymore...

Stephan Eggermont-3
On 05-09-15 08:51, stepharo wrote:
> Hi
>
> I do not know if this is linked to recent changes but we cannot remove
> classes or move them to another package

I can move them to another package using drag-and-drop (issue 16488)
in 50305

Stephan

Re: ***important*** cannot remove a class anymore...

Uko2
I found the issue. Fix almost ready. Should I reopen the case, or create a new one?

Uko

On 05-09-15 14:09, Yuriy Tymchuk wrote:
> I found the issue. Fix almost ready. Should I reopen the case, or create a new one?

16488 is a different issue

Stephan

Re: ***important*** cannot remove a class anymore...

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

> On 05 Sep 2015, at 13:29, Yuriy Tymchuk <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> You can see changes for that patch here:
> https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo-core/commit/2536752ecdd88e15b00c6d3e29cb055d108731c8

YES, we have that for years now.

True, it is one click away, but the view is quite nice (not something that can be reproduced in an email).

>>> -> download the image before it was added
>>> -> merge the slice.
>>>
>>> Yes, our process is not good… but from a review perspective, this issue is the best we can do.
>>> *two* reviews, both from people actively contributing to exactly that  part of the system.
>>>
>>> If we require more, we will be back at a process where due to Fear we do nothing.
>>
>> I do not want to require more. I want to see all the changes that we are doing without having to download an image
>> and doing merge.
>> I read many squeak changes like that and IT WORKS.
>>
>> Stef

Re: ***important*** cannot remove a class anymore...

stepharo

Ok, so the deepest I’ve got is that “self classWidget getClassesList” (where self is NautilusUI) always returns an empty list, so removed class is not found in that list, so it is not removed from the model. I have not changes ClassWidget and never worked with it, so from now the investigation will go slower. I’d appreciate help in any Nautilus people are out there.

this morning I started to read the method of AbstractNautilusUI now I still do not get what you did.
I hate that I have to download a special image and merge a special slice.
We should really have a diff in plain text as it is done in squeak sent to this mailing-list.
With that it would take me less than a second to see what you were doing.

Stef

123