importing mse files ?

Johan Brichau
Hi everyone,

Should it be possible to import mse files that were generated by the Visualworks version of Moose into the Pharo version of Moose ?
I tried and I am getting syntax errors.

If it's not possible, any ideas to make it work?

thanks!

----------------------------
Johan Brichau

Re: importing mse files ?

jannik laval
Hi Johan,

mse files from VisualWork are based on FAMIX2.
In Pharo, Moose is based on FAMIX3.

With Cyril, we will try to do an importer,
But for now, there is nothing to do that.
Sorry,

Jannik

On Feb 8, 2010, at 11:18 , Johan Brichau wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Should it be possible to import mse files that were generated by the Visualworks version of Moose into the Pharo version of Moose ?
> I tried and I am getting syntax errors.
>
> If it's not possible, any ideas to make it work?
>
> thanks!
>
> ----------------------------
> Johan Brichau

Re: importing mse files ?

Tudor Girba
Hi Johan,

Sorry for the late reply.

There is more than the FAMIX2 vs FAMIX3 problem.

1. The MSE syntax is slightly changed in Fame as well. In particular:
idref: became ref: . This can be simply replaced with an external text
processor.

2. The next difference is that the VW format Moose expected would
start like:

(Moose.Model
        (entity
                (MY.ENTITY ... )
        )
)

In Pharo, we just have:

(
(MY.ENTITY ... )
)
)

3. Then, as Jannik said, FAMIX3 has slightly different accessors than
FAMIX2. The differences are not that large and most of it should still
work out of the box.

If you have a small example, perhaps we can try together to get it to
work and then we document this. What do you say?

Cheers,
Doru

On 8 Feb 2010, at 11:33, Laval Jannik wrote:

> Hi Johan,
>
> mse files from VisualWork are based on FAMIX2.
> In Pharo, Moose is based on FAMIX3.
>
> With Cyril, we will try to do an importer,
> But for now, there is nothing to do that.
> Sorry,
>
> Jannik
>
> On Feb 8, 2010, at 11:18 , Johan Brichau wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> Should it be possible to import mse files that were generated by
>> the Visualworks version of Moose into the Pharo version of Moose ?
>> I tried and I am getting syntax errors.
>>
>> If it's not possible, any ideas to make it work?
>>
>> thanks!

>> Johan Brichau
>> [hidden email]

www.tudorgirba.com