impossible to integrate -> squeaksource is down and restart and get down again.

impossible to integrate -> squeaksource is down and restart and get down again.

stephane ducasse
does anybody have an idea?

Re: impossible to integrate -> squeaksource is down and restart and get down again.

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Stef,

It sounds like you have access to the machine??  How/on what is it hosted?  The first thing I would do is look for error information.  Depending on the version of the vm, a Windows box might need a command line option to create a vm log; IIRC, Andreas altered the more recent vms to be more generous with diagnostic output.

The Linux vm generates a lot of useful output that is not logged, but you can do things like

( /path/to/vm/squeak -vm-display-X11 \
  /path/to/image/pharo.image \
) 1>pharo_out.txt 2>pharo_error.txt

to capture it.  Another useful trick is to simply start a terminal on Linux and launch the image from there to capture otherwise unlogge messages.

I once had a Seaside image that refused to do anything useful after having run perfectly well for some time.  That might have been the one I eventually concluded had become corrupt??  Another thing that might help is to shut down Kom or whatever you are using and clean out old sessions, etc.

Bill

Re: impossible to integrate -> squeaksource is down and restart and get down again.

Stéphane Ducasse
I do not have access to the server.

Stef