in 14379...

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi guys

when I try to load

MCSqueaksourceRepository
        location: 'http://squeaksource.com/Games'
        user: ''
        password: ''

load MorphicGames-md.1.mcz

I get a DNU

isPostMortem
        "return whether we're inspecting a frozen exception without a process attached"
        |selectedContext|
        selectedContext := self selectedContext.
        (interruptedProcess suspendedContext == selectedContext)
                ifTrue: [ ^ false ].
        ^ (interruptedProcess suspendedContext findContextSuchThat: [:c | c sender == selectedContext]) isNil

                                                                        ^^^^^^ DNU findContextSuchThat:

interruptedProcess suspendedContext is a MethodContext

Now I do not understand since find findContextSuchThat: is defined in ContextPart the super class of MethodContext.

Re: in 14379...

Stéphane Ducasse

On Mar 6, 2012, at 12:08 PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> Hi guys
>
> when I try to load
>
> MCSqueaksourceRepository
> location: 'http://squeaksource.com/Games'
> user: ''
> password: ''
>
> load MorphicGames-md.1.mcz
>
> I get a DNU
>
> isPostMortem
> "return whether we're inspecting a frozen exception without a process attached"
> |selectedContext|
> selectedContext := self selectedContext.
> (interruptedProcess suspendedContext == selectedContext)
> ifTrue: [ ^ false ].
> ^ (interruptedProcess suspendedContext findContextSuchThat: [:c | c sender == selectedContext]) isNil
>
> ^^^^^^ DNU findContextSuchThat:
>

> interruptedProcess suspendedContext is a MethodContext
>
> Now I do not understand since find findContextSuchThat: is defined in ContextPart the super class of MethodContext.

self class superclass selectors includes: #findContextSuchThat:
        -> true

:(
process stuff happening?

> Stef

Re: in 14379...

Marcus Denker-4

On Mar 6, 2012, at 12:08 PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> Hi guys
>
> when I try to load
>
> MCSqueaksourceRepository
> location: 'http://squeaksource.com/Games'
> user: ''
> password: ''
>
> load MorphicGames-md.1.mcz
>
> I get a DNU
>
> isPostMortem
> "return whether we're inspecting a frozen exception without a process attached"
> |selectedContext|
> selectedContext := self selectedContext.
> (interruptedProcess suspendedContext == selectedContext)
> ifTrue: [ ^ false ].
> ^ (interruptedProcess suspendedContext findContextSuchThat: [:c | c sender == selectedContext]) isNil
>
> ^^^^^^ DNU findContextSuchThat:
>

> interruptedProcess suspendedContext is a MethodContext
>
> Now I do not understand since find findContextSuchThat: is defined in ContextPart the super class of MethodContext.

This is related to the startup changes we integrated yesterday.

(there is no change that has no side effect...)

        Marcus

--
Marcus Denker -- http://marcusdenker.de

Re: in 14379...

Pavel Krivanek-3
what about to fix it this way:

isPostMortem
        "return whether we're inspecting a frozen exception without a process attached"
        |selectedContext suspendedContext |
        selectedContext := self selectedContext.
        suspendedContext := interruptedProcess suspendedContext.
        suspendedContext ifNil: [ ^ false ].
        (suspendedContext == selectedContext)
                ifTrue: [ ^ false ].
        ^ (suspendedContext findContextSuchThat: [:c | c sender ==
selectedContext]) isNil

-- Pavel

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 12:08 PM, Stéphane Ducasse
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi guys
>
> when I try to load
>
> MCSqueaksourceRepository
>        location: 'http://squeaksource.com/Games'
>        user: ''
>        password: ''
>
> load MorphicGames-md.1.mcz
>
> I get a DNU
>
> isPostMortem
>        "return whether we're inspecting a frozen exception without a process attached"
>        |selectedContext|
>        selectedContext := self selectedContext.
>        (interruptedProcess suspendedContext == selectedContext)
>                ifTrue: [ ^ false ].
>        ^ (interruptedProcess suspendedContext findContextSuchThat: [:c | c sender == selectedContext]) isNil
>
>                                                                        ^^^^^^ DNU findContextSuchThat:
>

> interruptedProcess suspendedContext is a MethodContext
>
> Now I do not understand since find findContextSuchThat: is defined in ContextPart the super class of MethodContext.
>
> Stef

Re: in 14379...

Pavel Krivanek-3
On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 12:23 PM, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mar 6, 2012, at 12:08 PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>
>> Hi guys
>>
>> when I try to load
>>
>> MCSqueaksourceRepository
>>       location: 'http://squeaksource.com/Games'
>>       user: ''
>>       password: ''
>>
>> load MorphicGames-md.1.mcz
>>
>> I get a DNU
>>
>> isPostMortem
>>       "return whether we're inspecting a frozen exception without a process attached"
>>       |selectedContext|
>>       selectedContext := self selectedContext.
>>       (interruptedProcess suspendedContext == selectedContext)
>>               ifTrue: [ ^ false ].
>>       ^ (interruptedProcess suspendedContext findContextSuchThat: [:c | c sender == selectedContext]) isNil
>>
>>                                                                       ^^^^^^ DNU findContextSuchThat:
>>

>> interruptedProcess suspendedContext is a MethodContext
>>
>> Now I do not understand since find findContextSuchThat: is defined in ContextPart the super class of MethodContext.
>>

> This is related to the startup changes we integrated yesterday.
>
> (there is no change that has no side effect...)
>
>        Marcus

It does every Warning exception, for example:

self notify: 'hello'.

Strange that it was not reported by tests...

-- Pavel

> --
> Marcus Denker -- http://marcusdenker.de

Re: in 14379...

> This is related to the startup changes we integrated yesterday.
>
> (there is no change that has no side effect…)

sure change is life and life is dangerous we all die at the end.
So if camillo/igor can have a look, it would be good.

One artist said: "life is a killer"

Re: in 14379...

Henrik Sperre Johansen

On Mar 6, 2012, at 12:29 PM, Pavel Krivanek wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 12:23 PM, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> On Mar 6, 2012, at 12:08 PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>>
>>> Hi guys
>>>
>>> when I try to load
>>>
>>> MCSqueaksourceRepository
>>>       location: 'http://squeaksource.com/Games'
>>>       user: ''
>>>       password: ''
>>>
>>> load MorphicGames-md.1.mcz
>>>
>>> I get a DNU
>>>
>>> isPostMortem
>>>       "return whether we're inspecting a frozen exception without a process attached"
>>>       |selectedContext|
>>>       selectedContext := self selectedContext.
>>>       (interruptedProcess suspendedContext == selectedContext)
>>>               ifTrue: [ ^ false ].
>>>       ^ (interruptedProcess suspendedContext findContextSuchThat: [:c | c sender == selectedContext]) isNil
>>>
>>>                                                                       ^^^^^^ DNU findContextSuchThat:
>>>

>>> interruptedProcess suspendedContext is a MethodContext
>>>
>>> Now I do not understand since find findContextSuchThat: is defined in ContextPart the super class of MethodContext.
>>>

>> This is related to the startup changes we integrated yesterday.
>>
>> (there is no change that has no side effect...)
>>
>>        Marcus
>>

> It does every Warning exception, for example:
>
> self notify: 'hello'.
>
> Strange that it was not reported by tests...
>
> -- Pavel

Sounds a tiny bit like an error handler kept alive past its intended lifespan…
+ handling Error rather than UnhandledError, as used to be a problem in Announcement delivery too. ;)

Cheers,
Henry

Re: in 14379...

Camillo Bruni-3