_: in selectors

Eliot Miranda-2
Hi All,

    Pharo accepts

method: p _: q _: r
^'cool'

Squeak does not.  I have an urgent compelling use case in VMMaker.  Would there be any strong objections to me modifying the Squeak compiler to accept the above when the allowUnderscoresInSelectors preference is in effect?
_,,,^..^,,,_
best, Eliot

cbc

Re: _: in selectors

Levente Uzonyi
Hi Eliot,

That's clearly a bug as the compiler accepts this:

method: p __: q __: r
^'cool'

Levente

On Tue, 18 Sep 2018, Eliot Miranda wrote:

> Hi All,
>     Pharo accepts
>
> method: p _: q _: r
> ^'cool'
>
> Squeak does not.  I have an urgent compelling use case in VMMaker.  Would there be any strong objections to me modifying the Squeak compiler to accept the above when the allowUnderscoresInSelectors
> preference is in effect?
> _,,,^..^,,,_
> best, Eliot

Re: _: in selectors

Eliot Miranda-2

On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 10:38 AM Levente Uzonyi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Eliot,

That's clearly a bug as the compiler accepts this:

method: p __: q __: r
^'cool'

ROTFL

--