inaccuracy in drawing?

HilaireFernandes
Hello,

I have noted inaccuracy when drawing circle (seen screenshot with circle
and tangent line intersecting circle in two points and not one). I
looked at my code with possible rounding error related to a mix of float
and integer, I pay attention to convert to float when needed, but I
can't fix the situation.
Can it be related to Athens ? Is it ok to feed Athens with float numbers ?

Thanks

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo - http://drgeo.eu
iStoa - http://istoa.drgeo.eu

tangente.png (6K) Download Attachment

Re: inaccuracy in drawing?

stepharo
Igor is sick at home. Not sure that he is reading mails.

On 8/10/14 15:06, Hilaire wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have noted inaccuracy when drawing circle (seen screenshot with circle
> and tangent line intersecting circle in two points and not one). I
> looked at my code with possible rounding error related to a mix of float
> and integer, I pay attention to convert to float when needed, but I
> can't fix the situation.
> Can it be related to Athens ? Is it ok to feed Athens with float numbers ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Hilaire

Re: inaccuracy in drawing?

HilaireFernandes
Faulty point seems to be Rectangle>>center.
May be some other ones to find.
But not sure what to do with it, should it lands on float and not integer?

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo - http://drgeo.eu
iStoa - http://istoa.drgeo.eu

Re: inaccuracy in drawing?

abergel
Humm… Good question
It cannot be a point fraction? But maybe things may break because of this.

Alexandre

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Le 08/10/2014 20:08, Alexandre Bergel a écrit :
> Humm… Good question
> It cannot be a point fraction? But maybe things may break because of this.

I guess so, but in my situation Rectangle attributes are already Float,
so it does not change.

Anyway it improves the accuracy in my case to redefine this center
method in my Morph context.

And it looks like Athens works with Float.

Hilarie

--
Dr. Geo - http://drgeo.eu
iStoa - http://istoa.drgeo.eu