including contents

Tudor Girba-3
Hi,

I have a special structure and everything looks just fine, except
that when I include (+/linktomystructure+) it in another page nothing
gets rendered.

What can be the possible causes for that?

Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com
www.tudorgirba.com/blog

"It's not what we do that matters most, it's how we do it."

Re: including contents

keith1y
Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a special structure and everything looks just fine, except
> that when I include (+/linktomystructure+) it in another page nothing
> gets rendered.
>
> What can be the possible causes for that?
>
> Doru

If the destination does not exist then it should render
"/linktomystructure" in red.

If you do not have permission to view that structure then it will not
render at all.

Try */linktomystructure*, if that renders as a disabled (greyed out)
link then it would be a permissions problem.

Keith

Re: including contents

Tudor Girba-3
Hi,

There are no problems with the rights. If I link to it with */
linktomystructure* it works, but if I embed it nothing gets displayed.

Also, if I just view mystructure it works. I thought that when I am
embedding it, it should use the same code as when I am viewing it.

That is what puzzles me.

Cheers,
Dory

On Nov 17, 2007, at 11:57 AM, Keith Hodges wrote:

> Tudor Girba wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a special structure and everything looks just fine, except
>> that when I include (+/linktomystructure+) it in another page nothing
>> gets rendered.
>>
>> What can be the possible causes for that?
>>
>> Doru
>>

> If the destination does not exist then it should render
> "/linktomystructure" in red.
>
> If you do not have permission to view that structure then it will not
> render at all.
>
> Try */linktomystructure*, if that renders as a disabled (greyed out)
> link then it would be a permissions problem.
>
> Keith

www.tudorgirba.com
www.tudorgirba.com/blog

"Every successful trip needs a suitable vehicle."

Re: including contents

keith1y
Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There are no problems with the rights. If I link to it with */
> linktomystructure* it works, but if I embed it nothing gets displayed.
>
> Also, if I just view mystructure it works. I thought that when I am
> embedding it, it should use the same code as when I am viewing it.
>
> That is what puzzles me.
>
> Cheers,
> Dory
>
> On Nov 17, 2007, at 11:57 AM, Keith Hodges wrote:

I guess that it depends upon what the structure is.

If it is a children widget, it displays the children of the top level
strucure that is being displayed, rather than its own children.

Some of my widgets have a 'target' setting to make it explicit exactly
whose children you want.

we are getting into wild guessing here....

Keith

Re: including contents

Tudor Girba-3

Philippe helped me to find the problem, which was that I did not
write the visitor method to render it. So, now I have a
PRViewRenderer>>visitMyStructure: that renders it.

I do not know if this is the right way, but if it is then I would say
we could by default, in visitStructure:, just forward the rendering
to the HtmlView. The problem there is that the View needs the
context, and I do not know how to get it from the Visitor.

Cheers,
Doru

On Nov 17, 2007, at 12:07 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There are no problems with the rights. If I link to it with */
> linktomystructure* it works, but if I embed it nothing gets displayed.
>
> Also, if I just view mystructure it works. I thought that when I am
> embedding it, it should use the same code as when I am viewing it.
>
> That is what puzzles me.
>
> Cheers,
> Dory
>
> On Nov 17, 2007, at 11:57 AM, Keith Hodges wrote:
>
>> Tudor Girba wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have a special structure and everything looks just fine, except
>>> that when I include (+/linktomystructure+) it in another page
>>> nothing
>>> gets rendered.
>>>
>>> What can be the possible causes for that?
>>>
>>> Doru
>>>

>> If the destination does not exist then it should render
>> "/linktomystructure" in red.
>>
>> If you do not have permission to view that structure then it will not
>> render at all.
>>
>> Try */linktomystructure*, if that renders as a disabled (greyed out)
>> link then it would be a permissions problem.
>>
>> Keith

> www.tudorgirba.com
> www.tudorgirba.com/blog
>
> "Every successful trip needs a suitable vehicle."

www.tudorgirba.com
www.tudorgirba.com/blog

"Value is always contextual."

Re: including contents

keith1y
Context...

You can usually obtain the current context via

PRCurrentContext value

Keith

Re: including contents

Lukas Renggli-2
> Philippe helped me to find the problem, which was that I did not
> write the visitor method to render it. So, now I have a
> PRViewRenderer>>visitMyStructure: that renders it.

That's it. By default the PRRenderVisitor is used to generate the
output. This visitor is also aware of circularities and is able to
avoid them.

Other views can currently not be embedded, but we could allow a syntax
like the following one in the future:

        +RSS>/blog|view=PBRssView+

> I do not know if this is the right way, but if it is then I would say
> we could by default, in visitStructure:, just forward the rendering
> to the HtmlView. The problem there is that the View needs the
> context, and I do not know how to get it from the Visitor.

Just ask the visitor for the current context, he knows how to get it:

        self context

Cheers,
Lukas

> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On Nov 17, 2007, at 12:07 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> There are no problems with the rights. If I link to it with */
>> linktomystructure* it works, but if I embed it nothing gets
>> displayed.
>>
>> Also, if I just view mystructure it works. I thought that when I am
>> embedding it, it should use the same code as when I am viewing it.
>>
>> That is what puzzles me.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Dory

>>> If the destination does not exist then it should render
>>> "/linktomystructure" in red.
>>>
>>> If you do not have permission to view that structure then it will
>>> not
>>> render at all.
>>>
>>> Try */linktomystructure*, if that renders as a disabled (greyed out)
>>> link then it would be a permissions problem.
>>>
>>> Keith

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>> www.tudorgirba.com/blog
>>
>> "Every successful trip needs a suitable vehicle."

> www.tudorgirba.com
> www.tudorgirba.com/blog
>
> "Value is always contextual."

Lukas Renggli