inconsistencies in FAMIX-C entities

Nicolas Anquetil

I had a look at the entities introduced by Alex. for C.

I took the liberty of correcting some missing/wrong meta-descriptions

but one is a significant change:

- Include is an Association from CFile to CFile

- CFile is a subclass of File

While it all seems to make sense at first look, actually Association are
defined as to and from NamedEntities which Files (and therefore CFiles)
are not

I believe the least bad solution would be for CFile to inherit from
NamedEntites rather than File

nicolas

--
Nicolas Anquetil -- MCF (HDR)
Project-Team RMod

Re: inconsistencies in FAMIX-C entities

abergel
Okay!
I will try

Alexandre

> On Oct 6, 2016, at 8:49 AM, Anquetil <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> I had a look at the entities introduced by Alex. for C.
>
> I took the liberty of correcting some missing/wrong meta-descriptions
>
> but one is a significant change:
>
> - Include is an Association from CFile to CFile
>
> - CFile is a subclass of File
>
> While it all seems to make sense at first look, actually Association are defined as to and from NamedEntities which Files (and therefore CFiles) are not
>
> I believe the least bad solution would be for CFile to inherit from NamedEntites rather than File
>
> nicolas
>

> --
> Nicolas Anquetil -- MCF (HDR)
> Project-Team RMod

Re: inconsistencies in FAMIX-C entities

Usman Bhatti
Hi all,

On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 1:49 PM, Anquetil <[hidden email]> wrote:

I had a look at the entities introduced by Alex. for C.

I took the liberty of correcting some missing/wrong meta-descriptions

but one is a significant change:

- Include is an Association from CFile to CFile

- CFile is a subclass of File

While it all seems to make sense at first look, actually Association are defined as to and from NamedEntities which Files (and therefore CFiles) are not

I believe the least bad solution would be for CFile to inherit from NamedEntites rather than File

+1

We recently modelled a C system with the current meta-model. Two things missing were:

-> CFile cannot have a container folder.
-> We cannot associate the comments to a file.

So, for me this change will solve these problems.

usman

nicolas

--
Nicolas Anquetil -- MCF (HDR)