initialRequest question

Oleg Richards
Hell Guys!

I would like to know where should i implement this method. My
application root class is SOReporting. I want class with name
SOExternalAPI, which will handle bookmarkable requests from flash.
Where should i put this code.

This sample assumes, that it is in SOExternalAPI:

initialRequest: aRequest
        ('*/api/get_range' match: (aRequest url)) ifTrue: [self getRange:
aRequest]
        ifFalse: [ super initialRequest: aRequest ]

Cheers, Oleg

Re: initialRequest question

Conrad Taylor
Hi, is there a dev-image for Squeak 3.10 that supports Seaside 2.8 final?

Thanks,

-Conrad

Re: initialRequest question

Philippe Marschall
2007/11/4, Oleg Richards <[hidden email]>:
> Hell Guys!
>
> I would like to know where should i implement this method. My
> application root class is SOReporting. I want class with name
> SOExternalAPI, which will handle bookmarkable requests from flash.

Will this class only handle bookmarkable requests from flash or also
other requests? If it does only handle flash requests you can make
SOExternalAPI the root application class of a seaside application for
flash requests and SOReporting the root application class of a seaside
application that handles only "normal" requsts.

Cheers
Philippe

> Where should i put this code.
>
> This sample assumes, that it is in SOExternalAPI:
>
> initialRequest: aRequest
>         ('*/api/get_range' match: (aRequest url)) ifTrue: [self getRange:
> aRequest]
>         ifFalse: [ super initialRequest: aRequest ]
>
> Cheers, Oleg

Re: initialRequest question

Oleg Richards
Philippe!

Thanks for that great idea. I will make it.. Could you help me with
one more thing:
How can i show popup window with embedded flash object. Can you
provide example of anchor call and code that will render embedded
object?

Cheers, Oleg

Re: Re: initialRequest question

Philippe Marschall
2007/11/5, Oleg Richards <[hidden email]>:
> Philippe!
>
> Thanks for that great idea. I will make it.. Could you help me with
> one more thing:
> How can i show popup window with embedded flash object. Can you
> provide example of anchor call and code that will render embedded
> object?

You can see WAPopupTest for a live example

html anchor
    callback: [ WARenderLoop new call: MyFlashComponent new ];
    with: 'pop up flash'

MyFlashComponent would render the flash, something like

renderContentOn: html
    html object
        width: x;
        height: y;
        with: [
            html parameter
                name: 'movie';
                value: 'movie.swf'
            ... "whatever you need" ]

Cheers
Philippe

> Cheers, Oleg

Re: Re: initialRequest question

Oleg Richards
Thanks Philippe!

Can you help me with one more thing :)
How can i create popup anchor to html file, which is stored on my backend?

Philippe Marschall wrote
2007/11/5, Oleg Richards <orichards@mail.ru>:
> Philippe!
>
> Thanks for that great idea. I will make it.. Could you help me with
> one more thing:
> How can i show popup window with embedded flash object. Can you
> provide example of anchor call and code that will render embedded
> object?

You can see WAPopupTest for a live example

html anchor
    callback: [ WARenderLoop new call: MyFlashComponent new ];
    with: 'pop up flash'

MyFlashComponent would render the flash, something like

renderContentOn: html
    html object
        width: x;
        height: y;
        with: [
            html parameter
                name: 'movie';
                value: 'movie.swf'
            ... "whatever you need" ]

Cheers
Philippe

> Cheers, Oleg

Re: Re: initialRequest question

Philippe Marschall
Sorry, I was kinda busy freezing my ass off this week.

html popAnchor
   url: aUrl;
   with: 'pop up'

Note that aUrl must be a url that is reachable for the client. Have a
look at WAPopupAnchorTag and WAAnchorTag for more options.

Cheers
Philippe