inproc servers and COM+

Pavel Perikov-2
I've developed simple inproc component. Works fine! It's dual and I can call
it from VBS without problems. When I've tried to make a COM+ application and
configure the component. It worked, interfaces were there etc. But now it's
impossible to instantiate it, HRESULT given after a few seconds is
0x800A01AD. System is Win2KSP1. Any ideas about what can lead to above
behaviour?

 Pavel.

Re: inproc servers and COM+

Blair McGlashan
Pavel

You wrote in message news:[hidden email]...
> I've developed simple inproc component. Works fine! It's dual and I can
call
> it from VBS without problems. When I've tried to make a COM+ application
and
> configure the component. It worked, interfaces were there etc. But now
it's
> impossible to instantiate it, HRESULT given after a few seconds is
> 0x800A01AD. System is Win2KSP1. Any ideas about what can lead to above
> behaviour?

Well I'm glad to hear you got it working initially. Are you saying that
after configuring it as a COM+ component that it worked initially, but then
failed?

I'm not sure that COM components built with this version of Dolphin are
actually COM+ capable. I'm not that familiar with COM+, but I seem to recall
that MTS components had to be apartment threaded. Although Dolphin has its
own multi-threading capability, it doesn't support multiple OS threads,
except for call out. COM components implemented by Dolphin are effectively
single-threaded from COM's point of view.

There is a bug in the D5 betas whereby the self-registration does not
register the embedded type library correctly (if at all), and I don't know
whether this would be relevant. The HRESULT code is not one I recognise, and
it doesn't appear to be a system defined code (at least not on my system).

Regards

Blair