inria jenkins got much faster

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

I just noticed that the Jenkins jobs got much faster. For example, the Moose job went from 36 minutes to 6 minutes. Or the Glamour job went from 11 minutes to 3 minutes. This is fantastic, but I do not know why the difference occurs.

It seems that the difference started yesterday before 15:00:

As it affected multiple jobs, I suspect it has to do with the infrastructure.

Anyone has any idea as to why this happens?

Cheers,
Doru

--

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: [Pharo-dev] inria jenkins got much faster

EstebanLM
if you are using latest 2.0, that's probably because the integration of the RPackageSet cache.
the previous slowdown was exponential, so big projects like moose took *really* much time to load.

Esteban

On Aug 14, 2013, at 11:43 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

I just noticed that the Jenkins jobs got much faster. For example, the Moose job went from 36 minutes to 6 minutes. Or the Glamour job went from 11 minutes to 3 minutes. This is fantastic, but I do not know why the difference occurs.

It seems that the difference started yesterday before 15:00:

As it affected multiple jobs, I suspect it has to do with the infrastructure.

Anyone has any idea as to why this happens?

Cheers,
Doru

--

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: [Pharo-dev] inria jenkins got much faster

Tudor Girba-2
Yes, we are always using the latest :).

Wow, this is a phenomenal boost! Thank you very much.

Doru