#instVarAt:put:

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Right now, #instVarAt:put: does what #instVarNamed:put: does in Pharo. I noticed this when importing data saved in Pharo via #storeOn:. Can we rename to match Pharo, or was this done for a reason? In Pharo, #instVarAt:put: takes an index, which was what I actually needed to materialize my data...
Cheers,
Sean

Re: #instVarAt:put:

Herby Vojčík
I am not aware of any special reason why it was done that way, I think it is fine to change... though all uses cases should be fixed (in amber-contrib-legacy and in Helios' inspectors, for example).

Though, the question is what to do with the instVarAt:[put:] API itself - Amber does not have indexed ivars, so it cannot be even properly implemented (well, you can use the list of ivars in class definition, maybe). I don't know if there are other users of this API in the form in which it is now.