installing and deploying pier3 on gemstone

installing and deploying pier3 on gemstone

sergio_101
i am in the process of deploying a facebook app via gemstone, and i
would like to relaunch my current site as a pier site.. just so i can
mess with pier3..

if i have a clean pharo install, how do i go about generating a pier instance?

is there any definitive documentation on pier3 and magritte3?

thanks!

--
----
peace,

http://www.ThoseOptimizeGuys.com
http://www.CodingForHire.com
http://www.coffee-black.com
http://www.painlessfrugality.com
http://www.twitter.com/sergio_101
http://www.facebook.com/sergio101

Re: installing and deploying pier3 on gemstone

Dale Henrichs
Sergio,

Sorry for the late reply ... I was in the midst of Smalltalks 2012 preparation and have just seen your message ...

I haven't worked with Pier3 myself, but Nick's been doing the ports to GemStone. The following loaded on top of GLASS 1.0-beta.8.7.4 (latest version) should do the trick:

   Gofer new
        squeaksource: 'Seaside30';
        package: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside30';
        package: 'ConfigurationOfGrease';
        load.
  GsDeployer deploy: [
        ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSeaside30) project version: '3.0.7.1') load.
  ].

  Gofer new
    squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
        package: 'ConfigurationOfPier3';
        load.

  GsDeployer deploy: [
        (ConfigurationOfPier3 project version: #stable) load: 'Tests'.
  ].

Dale