installing gtoolkit

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

If you want to install GToolkit (the project that contains GTInspector, GTPlayground and GTDebugger) in your image, you can follow one of the options as described here:

If you give it a try, please let us know how it works for you.

Cheers,
Doru

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: [Pharo-dev] installing gtoolkit

philippeback
On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 8:17 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

If you want to install GToolkit (the project that contains GTInspector, GTPlayground and GTDebugger) in your image, you can follow one of the options as described here:

If you give it a try, please let us know how it works for you.

Looks *very* nice. Takes a while to get used to.

Now, the gtoolkit image I used didn't respected the Pharo3 keybindings that allow one to open a workspace (Alt-o Alt-w / Cmd-o Cmd-w).
It would be nice to have them so that opening the Playground is done in a snap.

Question: if one has opened a Miller column too far, how can we close that one? It was annoying to have to use to precisely use the scrollbar down there to get back to where I was. And if the column is not out of view, it keeps on updating and moves the thing to the right. Kind of ping-pong style.

I'll load it in my current development project and see how it goes (that superwhite theme of Moose is just an eye killer for me).

Phil

Cheers,
Doru

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: [Pharo-dev] installing gtoolkit

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

On 25 Mar 2014, at 10:02, [hidden email] wrote:

> Question: if one has opened a Miller column too far, how can we close that one? It was annoying to have to use to precisely use the scrollbar down there to get back to where I was. And if the column is not out of view, it keeps on updating and moves the thing to the right. Kind of ping-pong style.

I have had a similar remark in the past: I want to be able to close the extra columns. It all takes so much space and it a distraction once you no longer need them.

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 10:02 AM, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 8:17 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

If you want to install GToolkit (the project that contains GTInspector, GTPlayground and GTDebugger) in your image, you can follow one of the options as described here:

If you give it a try, please let us know how it works for you.

Looks *very* nice. Takes a while to get used to.

Happy.

Now, the gtoolkit image I used didn't respected the Pharo3 keybindings that allow one to open a workspace (Alt-o Alt-w / Cmd-o Cmd-w).
It would be nice to have them so that opening the Playground is done in a snap.

The global shortcuts are disabled because they conflict with the Cmd+o shortcuts used everywhere in the GTInspector and GTPlayground. We have an issue open on this, but we did not yet come to a conclusion. It would be useful to have more eyeballs looking at it:

Question: if one has opened a Miller column too far, how can we close that one? It was annoying to have to use to precisely use the scrollbar down there to get back to where I was. And if the column is not out of view, it keeps on updating and moves the thing to the right. Kind of ping-pong style.

You cannot :(. The current implementation of the Miller column widget is not at all optimal. I have a new design that does not rely on a scrollbar at all, but to get that to work, we would need a bit more effort involved in building the necessary widgets. It would be great to have more contributions there. If anyone is interested, please let me know.

I'll load it in my current development project and see how it goes (that superwhite theme of Moose is just an eye killer for me).

Great. Let me know how it works and what quirks you get into.

Cheers,
Doru

Phil

Cheers,