installing iceberg

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

installing iceberg

sergio_101
Hi, all..

I am trying to install iceberg, and am running into a problem finding iceberg..

looks like i am missing ibgit2.dylib' 'libgit2.0.dylib’

running macOS..

any ideas? thanks!


signature.asc (852 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: installing iceberg

Tim Mackinnon
What version are you trying to install in in? As Pharo 6 (and I believe the new 7) already have it installed- you can just select it in the Tools menu? If you are trying to upgrade it - there were some instructions in an email from Esteban - but you only need to do that if you want to run 64bit - otherwise you can stick with the stock Pharo 6 one?

Tim

On 6 Jul 2017, at 22:02, sergio ruiz <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi, all..

I am trying to install iceberg, and am running into a problem finding iceberg..

looks like i am missing ibgit2.dylib' 'libgit2.0.dylib’

running macOS..

any ideas? thanks!


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: installing iceberg

sergio_101
I am running pharo 6.

i am running the 64bit version.. should i be running the 32bit version?

when i try to run iceberg, I get an error.. but it is installed when i download..

On July 6, 2017 at 5:32:09 PM, Tim Mackinnon ([hidden email]) wrote:

there were some instructions in an email from Esteban - but you only need to do that if you want to run 64bit - otherwise you can stick with the stock Pharo 6 one?

signature.asc (852 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: installing iceberg

Tim Mackinnon
There are known problems with iceberg in 64bit pharo6. If you don't yet need 64bit (and you probably don't) - I would say stick to 32bit and get more familiar with things. Soon there will be Pharo 6.1 and then you can upgrade if you need it.

Tim

Sent from my iPhone

On 7 Jul 2017, at 02:06, sergio ruiz <[hidden email]> wrote:

I am running pharo 6.

i am running the 64bit version.. should i be running the 32bit version?

when i try to run iceberg, I get an error.. but it is installed when i download..

On July 6, 2017 at 5:32:09 PM, Tim Mackinnon ([hidden email]) wrote:

there were some instructions in an email from Esteban - but you only need to do that if you want to run 64bit - otherwise you can stick with the stock Pharo 6 one?
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: installing iceberg

Stephane Ducasse-3
In reply to this post by sergio_101
Sergio

You should pay attention we discovered incompatibilities in the libgit lib.
So we will produce a Pharo 6.0.1.

Now did you try the latest VM because it should contain the latest
version of the plugin.
Now I do not know what is the status of the of the 64bits. Sven
mentioned that he was using it with iceberg.

Stef


On Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 11:02 PM, sergio ruiz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, all..
>
> I am trying to install iceberg, and am running into a problem finding
> iceberg..
>
> looks like i am missing ibgit2.dylib' 'libgit2.0.dylib’
>
> running macOS..
>
> any ideas? thanks!
>
> ----
> peace,
> sergio
> photographer, journalist, visionary
>
> Public Key: http://bit.ly/29z9fG0
> #BitMessage BM-NBaswViL21xqgg9STRJjaJaUoyiNe2dV
> http://www.Village-Buzz.com
> http://www.ThoseOptimizeGuys.com
> http://www.coffee-black.com
> http://www.painlessfrugality.com
> http://www.twitter.com/sergio_101
> http://www.facebook.com/sergio101

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: installing iceberg

NorbertHartl


> Am 08.07.2017 um 08:24 schrieb Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]>:
>
> Sergio
>
> You should pay attention we discovered incompatibilities in the libgit lib.
> So we will produce a Pharo 6.0.1.

I hope it is 6.1
>
> Now did you try the latest VM because it should contain the latest
> version of the plugin.
> Now I do not know what is the status of the of the 64bits. Sven
> mentioned that he was using it with iceberg.
>
32bits works fine. 64 bits needs to reinstall iceberg but works fine then. The 6.1 willmake that integration so 64 bits will be just fine

Norbert

> Stef
>
>
>> On Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 11:02 PM, sergio ruiz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi, all..
>>
>> I am trying to install iceberg, and am running into a problem finding
>> iceberg..
>>
>> looks like i am missing ibgit2.dylib' 'libgit2.0.dylib’
>>
>> running macOS..
>>
>> any ideas? thanks!
>>
>> ----
>> peace,
>> sergio
>> photographer, journalist, visionary
>>
>> Public Key: http://bit.ly/29z9fG0
>> #BitMessage BM-NBaswViL21xqgg9STRJjaJaUoyiNe2dV
>> http://www.Village-Buzz.com
>> http://www.ThoseOptimizeGuys.com
>> http://www.coffee-black.com
>> http://www.painlessfrugality.com
>> http://www.twitter.com/sergio_101
>> http://www.facebook.com/sergio101

Loading...