interaction between Gemstone and relational database

interaction between Gemstone and relational database

He, Min SLC CVC NKG
Hi all,

My GemStone version is GemStone/S 64Bit 2.4.4, does anyone have the experience to integrate gemstone and relational database (e.g. Oracle)? I would like to load and update GemStone data into Oracle databases. Any comment or advice is appreciation.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Min He

Siemens Ltd., China
CEE RC-AT CVC OP CN TI&CC&QM
37, Yi Huai Street
211100 NANJING, China
Tel: +86 25 51171443

Re: interaction between Gemstone and relational database

Kevin Szabo-2
You are going the wrong way :-) but I understand why you might be forced to push your data into Oracle.

I have used GLORP in the past to move from OO to Oracle.  It works well, but you will have to write code.

Cheers,
Kevin Szabo

On Friday, August 16, 2013, He, Min SLC CVC NKG <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> My GemStone version is GemStone/S 64Bit 2.4.4, does anyone have the experience to integrate gemstone and relational database (e.g. Oracle)? I would like to load and update GemStone data into Oracle databases. Any comment or advice is appreciation.
>
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen
> Min He
>
> Siemens Ltd., China
> CEE RC-AT CVC OP CN TI&CC&QM
> 37, Yi Huai Street
> 211100 NANJING, China
> Tel: +86 25 51171443
> mailto:[hidden email]

Re: interaction between Gemstone and relational database

Richard Sargent
Administrator
We have a product called GemConnect, which is specifically designed for connecting GemStone to Oracle. I know of at least one company using it, a former employer of mine. They export data to Oracle for reporting by Business Objects.

You can find more information on this product starting at http://gemtalksystems.com/index.php/products/gemstones/.

On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 1:29 AM, He, Min SLC CVC NKG <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

My GemStone version is GemStone/S 64Bit 2.4.4, does anyone have the experience to integrate gemstone and relational database (e.g. Oracle)? I would like to load and update GemStone data into Oracle databases. Any comment or advice is appreciation.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Min He

Siemens Ltd., China
CEE RC-AT CVC OP CN TI&CC&QM
37, Yi Huai Street
211100 NANJING, China
Tel: <a href="tel:%2B86%2025%2051171443" value="+862551171443" target="_blank">+86 25 51171443

Richard Sargent
Business Development Manager
[hidden email]
GemTalk Systems