internal server error 500

Andreas Petermann
Hi list,

I have developed a site with multiple views, but switching from one view to another ends very often in an internal server error 500. This problem can mostly solved by simple reload the whole page.
Any tips for solving this problem?

regards

Andreas

Re: internal server error 500

Andreas Petermann

> I have developed a site with multiple views, but switching from one view
> to another ends very often in an internal server error 500. This problem can
> mostly solved by simple reload the whole page.
> Any tips for solving this problem?

I am using the latest version: Sport-2.031, Swazoo-2.1 and Aida-5.6. Perhaps it helps...

Andreas

Re: internal server error 500

Janko Mivšek
Hi Andreas,

Andreas Petermann wrote:

> I have developed a site with multiple views, but switching from one view to another ends very often in an internal server error 500. This problem can mostly solved by simple reload the whole page.
> Any tips for solving this problem?

This is normally a bug somewhere in your application. Open a Transcript
to see if there is a stack report of the error. You'll soon see where is
a problem. If not, put a halt into

        AIDASite reportException: anException.

A debugger should open in case of error and then you are at usual
Smalltalk debugging again :)

Anyway, can someone help me improve exception handling in Squeak? Best
would be just to open a debugger immediately and in paralell report 500
internal server error to browser. But debugger (exception window) should
stay open until you come around. That's how I debug Aida apps on VW.

JAnko

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web

Re: internal server error 500

Nicolas Petton

Can you give us some example of code (view methods in your app for
example) ?

Cheers!

Nicolas

Le lundi 28 janvier 2008 à 13:52 +0100, Andreas Petermann a écrit :
> > I have developed a site with multiple views, but switching from one view
> > to another ends very often in an internal server error 500. This problem can
> > mostly solved by simple reload the whole page.
> > Any tips for solving this problem?
> >
> I am using the latest version: Sport-2.031, Swazoo-2.1 and Aida-5.6. Perhaps it helps...
>
> Andreas

Re: internal server error 500

Janko Mivšek
Nicolas, would you look at exception handling a bit by simulatin erors
in app code? Try to find a way how to make debugging easy. One is
reporting to Transcript, another is opening an exception window, third
is reporting back to the browser.

Best regards
Janko

Nicolas Petton wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can you give us some example of code (view methods in your app for
> example) ?
>
> Cheers!
>
> Nicolas
>
> Le lundi 28 janvier 2008 à 13:52 +0100, Andreas Petermann a écrit :
>>> I have developed a site with multiple views, but switching from one view
>>> to another ends very often in an internal server error 500. This problem can
>>> mostly solved by simple reload the whole page.
>>> Any tips for solving this problem?
>>>
>> I am using the latest version: Sport-2.031, Swazoo-2.1 and Aida-5.6. Perhaps it helps...
>>
>> Andreas

Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web
Smalltalk Web Application Server
http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: internal server error 500

Nicolas Petton
Hi Janko,

Le lundi 28 janvier 2008 à 14:15 +0100, Janko Mivšek a écrit :
> Nicolas, would you look at exception handling a bit by simulatin erors
> in app code?
I'm sorry, I don't have enough time now. But I'll do that when I'll have
some time :)

Nicolas