interview on .Net Rocks! about Moose, humane assessment, Pharo and GT

interview on .Net Rocks! about Moose, humane assessment, Pharo and GT

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

I had the pleasure of giving an interview for the .Net Rocks! podcast. It was quite fun and I managed to mention Moose, humane assessment, Pharo and GT in 45 minutes. It was not as smooth as a presentation but I still think it's a useful advertisement.

Let me know what you think, and feel free to promote it further:

Cheers,
Doru

--

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: [Pharo-users] interview on .Net Rocks! about Moose, humaneassessment, Pharo and GT

Peter Uhnak
Thank you, I've really enjoyed it!

Peter

Re: [Pharo-users] interview on .Net Rocks! about Moose, humane assessment, Pharo and GT

Hannes Hirzel
Doru,

Thank you for the links

Is the glamorous Toolkit preinstalled in Pharo 4?

In any case

  http://gt.moosetechnology.org/

needs to mention Pharo 4.

--Hannes

On 7/30/15, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I had the pleasure of giving an interview for the .Net Rocks! podcast. It
> was quite fun and I managed to mention Moose, humane assessment, Pharo and
> GT in 45 minutes. It was not as smooth as a presentation but I still think
> it's a useful advertisement.
>
> Let me know what you think, and feel free to promote it further:
>
> https://dotnetrocks.com/default.aspx?showNum=1172
> http://www.tudorgirba.com/blog/dotnetrocks-interview-moose-humane-assessment-pharo-gt-2015
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>
> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Every thing has its own flow"

Re: [Pharo-users] interview on .Net Rocks! about Moose, humane assessment, Pharo and GT

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

Indeed, GTSpotter, GTPlayground and GTInspector come with Pharo 4.

The GTDebugger is available in the Moose 5/5.1/6.0 images.

Thanks for the notification. I will update the page.

Cheers,
Doru

--

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: [Pharo-users] interview on .Net Rocks! about Moose, humane assessment, Pharo and GT

Hannes Hirzel
This basically means that Pharo 4.0 is no longer a Smalltalk IDE only.
Together with Roassal it is a data analysis application ...!

In a sense something like a spreadsheet but for general data, not only
data in tables.

--Hannes

On 7/30/15, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Indeed, GTSpotter, GTPlayground and GTInspector come with Pharo 4.
>
> The GTDebugger is available in the Moose 5/5.1/6.0 images.
>
> Thanks for the notification. I will update the page.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 10:12 PM, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Doru,
>>
>> Thank you for the links
>>
>> Is the glamorous Toolkit preinstalled in Pharo 4?
>>
>> In any case
>>
>>   http://gt.moosetechnology.org/
>>
>> needs to mention Pharo 4.
>>
>> --Hannes
>>
>> On 7/30/15, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I had the pleasure of giving an interview for the .Net Rocks! podcast.
>> > It
>> > was quite fun and I managed to mention Moose, humane assessment, Pharo
>> and
>> > GT in 45 minutes. It was not as smooth as a presentation but I still
>> think
>> > it's a useful advertisement.
>> >
>> > Let me know what you think, and feel free to promote it further:
>> >
>> > https://dotnetrocks.com/default.aspx?showNum=1172
>> >
>> http://www.tudorgirba.com/blog/dotnetrocks-interview-moose-humane-assessment-pharo-gt-2015
>> >
>> > Cheers,
>> > Doru
>> >
>> > --
>> > www.tudorgirba.com
>> >
>> > "Every thing has its own flow"
>> >

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Every thing has its own flow"

Re: [Pharo-users] interview on .Net Rocks! about Moose, humane assessment, Pharo and GT

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

Roassal is not (yet :)) loaded in Pharo. Only GT. But, indeed that is the point. Among others, GT also makes it possible to embed visualizations directly in your natural workflow.

I keep on saying that GT is a marketplace for Roassal :).

If you want to have the service of a full data analysis platform, including Roassal, PetitParser and other convenient data manipulation tools, you can use the Moose distribution.

Cheers,
Doru

--

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: [Pharo-users] interview on .Net Rocks! about Moose, humane assessment, Pharo and GT

abergel
:-)

I am also convinced about that!

Alexandre

> On Jul 30, 2015, at 5:32 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Roassal is not (yet :)) loaded in Pharo. Only GT. But, indeed that is the point. Among others, GT also makes it possible to embed visualizations directly in your natural workflow.
>
> I keep on saying that GT is a marketplace for Roassal :).
>
> If you want to have the service of a full data analysis platform, including Roassal, PetitParser and other convenient data manipulation tools, you can use the Moose distribution.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 10:23 PM, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
> This basically means that Pharo 4.0 is no longer a Smalltalk IDE only.
> Together with Roassal it is a data analysis application ...!
>
> In a sense something like a spreadsheet but for general data, not only
> data in tables.
>
> --Hannes
>
> On 7/30/15, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Indeed, GTSpotter, GTPlayground and GTInspector come with Pharo 4.
> >
> > The GTDebugger is available in the Moose 5/5.1/6.0 images.
> >
> > Thanks for the notification. I will update the page.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Doru
> >

> > On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 10:12 PM, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Doru,
> >>
> >> Thank you for the links
> >>
> >> Is the glamorous Toolkit preinstalled in Pharo 4?
> >>
> >> In any case
> >>
> >>   http://gt.moosetechnology.org/
> >>
> >> needs to mention Pharo 4.
> >>
> >> --Hannes

> >> and
> >> think

> >> http://www.tudorgirba.com/blog/dotnetrocks-interview-moose-humane-assessment-pharo-gt-2015

> > --
> > www.tudorgirba.com
> >
> > "Every thing has its own flow"
> >

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Every thing has its own flow"

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: [Pharo-users] interview on .Net Rocks! about Moose, humane assessment, Pharo and GT

Offray

I use Pharo more like a writing and visualization platform with the
outliner "app" I'm creating [1]. Still pretty alpha, but the idea of
Pharo as something beyond Smalltalk IDE and more versatile, including
writing, visualization and moldable tools could reach people beyond
developers. I remember Esteban's talk about Pharo being like
classical/jazz music and mainstream developer culture being like pop
music, so was hard to deliver the message. I think that showing Pharo as
a more versatile environment could reach people outside mainstream dev
culture, like scientist, activist, journalist, etc.

[1] http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~Offray/Grafoscopio

Cheers,

Offray

ps: I enjoyed the podcast talk also.

On 30/07/15 15:23, H. Hirzel wrote:

> This basically means that Pharo 4.0 is no longer a Smalltalk IDE only.
> Together with Roassal it is a data analysis application ...!
>
> In a sense something like a spreadsheet but for general data, not only
> data in tables.
>
> --Hannes
>
> On 7/30/15, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Indeed, GTSpotter, GTPlayground and GTInspector come with Pharo 4.
>>
>> The GTDebugger is available in the Moose 5/5.1/6.0 images.
>>
>> Thanks for the notification. I will update the page.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>> On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 10:12 PM, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Doru,
>>>
>>> Thank you for the links
>>>
>>> Is the glamorous Toolkit preinstalled in Pharo 4?
>>>
>>> In any case
>>>
>>>    http://gt.moosetechnology.org/
>>>
>>> needs to mention Pharo 4.
>>>
>>> --Hannes

>>> and
>>> think

>>> http://www.tudorgirba.com/blog/dotnetrocks-interview-moose-humane-assessment-pharo-gt-2015

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "Every thing has its own flow"

Re: [Pharo-users] interview on .Net Rocks! about Moose, humane assessment, Pharo and GT

abergel
Will you be at Smalltalks this year?

Alexandre

> Le 1 août 2015 à 15:25, Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Hi,
>
> I use Pharo more like a writing and visualization platform with the outliner "app" I'm creating [1]. Still pretty alpha, but the idea of Pharo as something beyond Smalltalk IDE and more versatile, including writing, visualization and moldable tools could reach people beyond developers. I remember Esteban's talk about Pharo being like classical/jazz music and mainstream developer culture being like pop music, so was hard to deliver the message. I think that showing Pharo as a more versatile environment could reach people outside mainstream dev culture, like scientist, activist, journalist, etc.
>
> [1] http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~Offray/Grafoscopio
>
> Cheers,
>
> Offray
>
> ps: I enjoyed the podcast talk also.
>
>> On 30/07/15 15:23, H. Hirzel wrote:
>> This basically means that Pharo 4.0 is no longer a Smalltalk IDE only.
>> Together with Roassal it is a data analysis application ...!
>>
>> In a sense something like a spreadsheet but for general data, not only
>> data in tables.
>>
>> --Hannes
>>
>>> On 7/30/15, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Indeed, GTSpotter, GTPlayground and GTInspector come with Pharo 4.
>>>
>>> The GTDebugger is available in the Moose 5/5.1/6.0 images.
>>>
>>> Thanks for the notification. I will update the page.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Doru

>>> --
>>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>>
>>> "Every thing has its own flow"

Re: [Pharo-users] interview on .Net Rocks! about Moose, humane assessment, Pharo and GT

Offray
Difficult to me. Long travel from South America to Europe to finance it
by myself, but what I surely can do is to organize another Data Week at
January in Bogotá, Colombia, as you proposed to have the opportunity of
have you here! By the way I had not answered before because I was
organizing the memories of the Data Week. Here they are:

[1] http://mutabit.com/deltas/repos.fossil/dataweek/home
[2]
http://mutabit.com/offray/static/blog/output/posts/que-tan-bien-usa-el-ministerio-tic-de-colombia-las-tic-para-comunicarse-con-los-ciudadanos.html

Cheers,