invokingMethods broken in moose or inFamix

invokingMethods broken in moose or inFamix

Mircea Filip Lungu
hi guys,

one of my students encountered a case where
FAMIXMethod#invokingMethods is not correctly set. i wonder whether
that is a moose problem or an infamix one. anybody knows about this?
the original message is at the end of this mail.

thanks,

--
Dr. Mircea Lungu
Researcher

I assumed that FAMIXMethod >> invokingMethods would return all methods
that invoke the method represented by the FAMIXMethod instance, this
doesn't seem to be the case.

I created an mse file with inFamix from the code in svn at
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/stanbol/trunk/enhancer/engines/keywordextraction/

The class org.apache.stanbol.enhancer.engines.keywordextraction.linking.EntityLinker
has both private methods with an empty collection of invokingMethod as
well as with a non-empty one:

- The method getLinkedEntityTypes has an empty collection of invokingMethods

even though the method is in fact invoked:

public void process(){
if(linkedEntity == null){
linkedEntity = new LinkedEntity(selectedText,
suggestions, getLinkedEntityTypes(suggestions.subList(0, 1)));
linkedEntities.put(selectedText, linkedEntity);
}

By contrast in the same class

- porcessRedirects has {process} as collection of invokingMethods,
where processRedirects is invokes as follows:

public void process(){
if(config.getRedirectProcessingMode() != RedirectProcessingMode.IGNORE){
for(Suggestion suggestion : suggestions){
processRedirects(suggestion);
}
}

All the method I've looked at with an empty collection of
inkingMethods in fact had at least one invokation, I tried to make a
famix model for just the class EntityLinker as this class has both
private method with empty as well as with a non-empty set of ivokers
according to Moose, I hoped that with a small mse file it would be
easier to analyze the problem.

Unfortunately I didn't manage to create such an mse model, I'm getting
the following exception message running `inFamix -lang java -path
source -mse test.mse`:

java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1
at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1931)
at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1904)
at com.intooitus.infusion.batch.JavaBatchModelBuilder.compute(JavaBatchModelBuilder.java:43)
at com.intooitus.infusion.batch.BatchApplication.run(BatchApplication.java:135)
at com.intooitus.infusion.batch.BatchApplication.start(BatchApplication.java:43)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:344)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:622)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:577)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1410)

Unfortunately as inFamix is not open source and because of section 2.3
of the SLA it's hard for me to tackle this problem so I would
appreciate some help.

Re: invokingMethods broken in moose or inFamix

abergel
Try chef. Instead of sending invokingMethods to a famix method, send "queryAllIncomingInvocations opposites" instead.

No idea whether invokingMethods is buggy or not.
However, there is a difference between the result of invokingMethods and Chef.
On JFreeChart, 99% of the methods have invokingMethods and "queryAllIncomingInvocations opposites" that are equals. No idea what happens with the remaining 1%.

Alexandre

On 3 Dec 2011, at 20:02, Mircea Filip Lungu wrote:

> [...]
> at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
> at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
> at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:344)
> at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
> at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:622)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:577)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1410)
>
> Unfortunately as inFamix is not open source and because of section 2.3
> of the SLA it's hard for me to tackle this problem so I would

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: invokingMethods broken in moose or inFamix

Tudor Girba-2
Hi Mircea,

Thanks for the report. This looks troubling, so it is something we need to double check.

However, I cannot reproduce the problem because something seems to be wrong currently with svn.apache.org.

Regarding the error of running inFamix, it might probably due to a trailing "/" in the path string, or that the path is to a file. The former problem should be fixed in the last release of inFamix. The latter is not supposed to work at all because it expects a folder.

In any case, it would be useful to also try with verveineJ:
http://www.themoosebook.org/book/externals/import-export/external/verveineJ

Doru

On 4 Dec 2011, at 00:02, Mircea Filip Lungu wrote:

> [...]
> at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
> at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
> at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:344)
> at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
> at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:622)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:577)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1410)
>
> Unfortunately as inFamix is not open source and because of section 2.3
> of the SLA it's hard for me to tackle this problem so I would

www.tudorgirba.com

"We can create beautiful models in a vacuum.
But, to get them effective we have to deal with the inconvenience of reality."

Re: invokingMethods broken in moose or inFamix

Mircea Filip Lungu-2
Hi guys and thanks for the prompt responses!

Alex, I tried to use the Chef methods but nothing changes.

Then I tried to use inFusion instead of inFamix. It generates a model file
which is larger than inFamix but still this particular invocation is not in it.
Then Fabrizio had the great idea of trying an older version of inFusion and
that one works: the invocation from process to getLinkedEntityTypes is in
the model now.

This means that the lastest version of the inFamix still needs improvements.
(by the way, where should I report this? i don't see any mailinglist or forum
related to intooitus tools).

I also tried verveinej and I get an error that I will attach to the
end of this mail.

Cheers,
M.

The following is what I obtain if I run VerveineJ on the aforementioned project

feivel:verveine.extractor.java mircea$ ./verveinej.sh
~/Teaching/SDE-Project/case-studies/keywordextraction/src/
~/Desktop/vj-kwx.mse
./lib/akuhn-util-r28011.jar:./lib/fame-good.jar:./lib/fame.jar:./lib/famix.jar:./lib/junit.jar:./lib/org.eclipse.core.contenttype_3.4.100.v20110423-0524.jar:./lib/org.eclipse.core.jobs_3.5.100.v20110404.jar:./lib/org.eclipse.core.resources_3.7.100.v20110510-0712.jar:./lib/org.eclipse.core.runtime_3.7.0.v20110110.jar:./lib/org.eclipse.equinox.common_3.6.0.v20110523.jar:./lib/org.eclipse.equinox.preferences_3.4.1.R37x_v20110725.jar:./lib/org.eclipse.jdt.core_3.7.1.v_B76_R37x.jar:./lib/org.eclipse.osgi_3.7.1.R37x_v20110808-1106.jar:./lib/org.eclipse.text_3.5.0.v20100601-1300.jar:./lib/org.hamcrest.core_1.1.0.v20090501071000.jar:./lib/verveine.core.jar:./lib/verveine.extractor.java.jar
VerveineJ processing file:
/Users/mircea/Teaching/SDE-Project/case-studies/keywordextraction/src/main/java/org/apache/stanbol/enhancer/engines/keywordextraction/engine/KeywordLinkingEngine.java
VerveineJ processing file:
/Users/mircea/Teaching/SDE-Project/case-studies/keywordextraction/src/main/java/org/apache/stanbol/enhancer/engines/keywordextraction/impl/ProcessingState.java
VerveineJ processing file:
/Users/mircea/Teaching/SDE-Project/case-studies/keywordextraction/src/main/java/org/apache/stanbol/enhancer/engines/keywordextraction/linking/AnalysedContent.java
VerveineJ processing file:
/Users/mircea/Teaching/SDE-Project/case-studies/keywordextraction/src/main/java/org/apache/stanbol/enhancer/engines/keywordextraction/linking/EntityLinker.java
VerveineJ processing file:
/Users/mircea/Teaching/SDE-Project/case-studies/keywordextraction/src/main/java/org/apache/stanbol/enhancer/engines/keywordextraction/linking/EntityLinkerConfig.java
VerveineJ processing file:
/Users/mircea/Teaching/SDE-Project/case-studies/keywordextraction/src/main/java/org/apache/stanbol/enhancer/engines/keywordextraction/linking/EntitySearcher.java
VerveineJ processing file:
/Users/mircea/Teaching/SDE-Project/case-studies/keywordextraction/src/main/java/org/apache/stanbol/enhancer/engines/keywordextraction/linking/impl/EntityhubSearcher.java
*** VerveineJ visitor got exception:
'fr.inria.verveine.core.gen.famix.Type cannot be cast to
fr.inria.verveine.core.gen.famix.Class' while processing file:
/Users/mircea/Teaching/SDE-Project/case-studies/keywordextraction/src/main/java/org/apache/stanbol/enhancer/engines/keywordextraction/linking/impl/EntityhubSearcher.java
VerveineJ processing file:
/Users/mircea/Teaching/SDE-Project/case-studies/keywordextraction/src/main/java/org/apache/stanbol/enhancer/engines/keywordextraction/linking/impl/EntitySearcherUtils.java
VerveineJ processing file:
/Users/mircea/Teaching/SDE-Project/case-studies/keywordextraction/src/main/java/org/apache/stanbol/enhancer/engines/keywordextraction/linking/impl/OpenNlpAnalysedContentFactory.java
VerveineJ processing file:
/Users/mircea/Teaching/SDE-Project/case-studies/keywordextraction/src/main/java/org/apache/stanbol/enhancer/engines/keywordextraction/linking/impl/ReferencedSiteSearcher.java
*** VerveineJ visitor got exception:
'fr.inria.verveine.core.gen.famix.Type cannot be cast to
fr.inria.verveine.core.gen.famix.Class' while processing file:
/Users/mircea/Teaching/SDE-Project/case-studies/keywordextraction/src/main/java/org/apache/stanbol/enhancer/engines/keywordextraction/linking/impl/ReferencedSiteSearcher.java
VerveineJ processing file:
/Users/mircea/Teaching/SDE-Project/case-studies/keywordextraction/src/main/java/org/apache/stanbol/enhancer/engines/keywordextraction/linking/impl/TrackingEntitySearcher.java
*** VerveineJ visitor got exception:
'fr.inria.verveine.core.gen.famix.Type cannot be cast to
fr.inria.verveine.core.gen.famix.Class' while processing file:
/Users/mircea/Teaching/SDE-Project/case-studies/keywordextraction/src/main/java/org/apache/stanbol/enhancer/engines/keywordextraction/linking/impl/TrackingEntitySearcher.java
VerveineJ processing file:
/Users/mircea/Teaching/SDE-Project/case-studies/keywordextraction/src/main/java/org/apache/stanbol/enhancer/engines/keywordextraction/linking/LinkedEntity.java
VerveineJ processing file:
/Users/mircea/Teaching/SDE-Project/case-studies/keywordextraction/src/main/java/org/apache/stanbol/enhancer/engines/keywordextraction/linking/Suggestion.java
VerveineJ processing file:
/Users/mircea/Teaching/SDE-Project/case-studies/keywordextraction/src/test/java/org/apache/stanbol/enhancer/engines/keywordextraction/impl/ClasspathDataFileProvider.java
VerveineJ processing file:
/Users/mircea/Teaching/SDE-Project/case-studies/keywordextraction/src/test/java/org/apache/stanbol/enhancer/engines/keywordextraction/impl/MockComponentContext.java
VerveineJ processing file:
/Users/mircea/Teaching/SDE-Project/case-studies/keywordextraction/src/test/java/org/apache/stanbol/enhancer/engines/keywordextraction/impl/TestSearcherImpl.java
VerveineJ processing file:
/Users/mircea/Teaching/SDE-Project/case-studies/keywordextraction/src/test/java/org/apache/stanbol/enhancer/engines/keywordextraction/TestTaxonomyLinker.java

On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 7:42 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>> at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
>> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>> at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:622)
>> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:577)
>> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1410)
>>
>> Unfortunately as inFamix is not open source and because of section 2.3
>> of the SLA it's hard for me to tackle this problem so I would
>> appreciate some help.

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "We can create beautiful models in a vacuum.
> But, to get them effective we have to deal with the inconvenience of reality."

Re: invokingMethods broken in moose or inFamix

I do not understand where the VerveineJ error is.

One thing however is that the mse will always be output.mse. Anyway, I still cannot access the case study sources. Could you make them available somewhere?

Cheers,
Doru

On 5 Dec 2011, at 15:34, Mircea Filip Lungu wrote:

> [...]
>>> at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
>>> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>>> at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>>> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:622)
>>> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:577)
>>> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1410)
>>>
>>> Unfortunately as inFamix is not open source and because of section 2.3
>>> of the SLA it's hard for me to tackle this problem so I would
>>> appreciate some help.
>>
>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "We can create beautiful models in a vacuum.
>> But, to get them effective we have to deal with the inconvenience of reality."

"From an abstract enough point of view, any two things are similar."

Re: invokingMethods broken in moose or inFamix

Nicolas Anquetil
Hi

Thank for taking the time to report and insvestigate the error.

I have downloaded the sources and ran verveinej.
I have the same problem of missing invoking method.

The bug will be investigated.
I understand you have a temprorary solution for now, so I will ask for some time to look into that.
Is that ok ?

nicolas

> [...]
> >> be wrong currently with svn.apache.org.
> >>
> >> Regarding the error of running inFamix, it might probably due to a
> >> trailing "/" in the path string, or that the path is to a file. The
> >> former problem should be fixed in the last release of inFamix. The
> >> latter is not supposed to work at all because it expects a folder.
> >>
> >> In any case, it would be useful to also try with verveineJ:
> >> http://www.themoosebook.org/book/externals/import-export/external/verveineJ
> >>
> >> Doru

> >> --
> >> www.tudorgirba.com
> >>
> >> "We can create beautiful models in a vacuum.
> >> But, to get them effective we have to deal with the inconvenience
> >> of reality."

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "From an abstract enough point of view, any two things are similar."

Re: invokingMethods broken in moose or inFamix

Interesting. Please open a bug report.

Doru

On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 10:51 AM, Nicolas Anquetil
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Thank for taking the time to report and insvestigate the error.
>
> I have downloaded the sources and ran verveinej.
> I have the same problem of missing invoking method.
>
> The bug will be investigated.
> I understand you have a temprorary solution for now, so I will ask for some time to look into that.
> Is that ok ?
>
> nicolas

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: invokingMethods broken in moose or inFamix

Mircea Filip Lungu-2
Hi Nicolas!

Sure, take your time to find what the problem is. For now there was a
solution for the problem indeed.

Cheers,
M.