is MC and MCBrowser sending event when a package is created?

is MC and MCBrowser sending event when a package is created?

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi

is MC and MCBrowser sending event when a package is created?
is it using/extending SystemChangeNotifier?

Re: is MC and MCBrowser sending event when a package is created?

Lukas Renggli
On Sunday, April 25, 2010, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi
>
> is MC and MCBrowser sending event when a package is created?

Yes.

> is it using/extending SystemChangeNotifier?

No. You register using #addDependent: to the class side of MCWorkingCopy.

> Stef

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: is MC and MCBrowser sending event when a package is created?

Stéphane Ducasse
> is MC and MCBrowser sending event when a package is created?
>
> Yes.
>
>> is it using/extending SystemChangeNotifier?
>
> No. You register using #addDependent: to the class side of MCWorkingCopy.

Thanks! I will try.
I would like to see if my packageOrganizer can be filled up automatically in parallel to packageInfo PackageOrganizer.
But may be I will have to hack the system and override heavily some methods. :(

We will have to fix that, uniformity is a cool property. I imagine that it will break a lot since we can call unload

Do you know if when we send aWorkingCopy unload we get notified too? and notified of what because I saw

unload -> unregister

unregister
        self class registry removeKey: package.
        self class changed: #allManagers

MCPackageManager seems full of code that we should remove :(

I just checked and I saw that MCBrowser was hardcoding PackageInfo :(
Because it would have been good to follow what roel started: Tools where dependent from systemNotifier, event the changeset

Now lukas when people use Gofer to load a package, do the dependent of MCWorkingCopy gets notified?

Re: is MC and MCBrowser sending event when a package is created?

Lukas Renggli
> Now lukas when people use Gofer to load a package, do the dependent of MCWorkingCopy gets notified?

Gofer just uses the Monticello code, so MCWorkingCopy and all MC tools
that register for events get updated.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: is MC and MCBrowser sending event when a package is created?

Lukas Renggli
On Sunday, April 25, 2010, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi
>
> is MC and MCBrowser sending event when a package is created?

Yes.

> is it using/extending SystemChangeNotifier?

No. You register using #addDependent: to the class side of MCWorkingCopy.

> Stef

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch