is Renraku general purpose rule checker?

is Renraku general purpose rule checker?

Peter Uhnak
Hi,

I'm looking at Renraku and I wonder, would Renraku be a good start for general-purpose checking?

E.g. I have a domain, where Person cannot drink if they are underage.

So I've created a simple ReAbstractRule subclass that does basic check

SomeRule>>basicCheck: anEntity
        ^ anEntity age < 18

and also custom Critique.

So for everything seems that it works well, however I am not sure if there are some potential roadbloacks down the road, because e.g. Renraku is meant only for AST/code based rules.

Thanks,
Peter

Re: is Renraku general purpose rule checker?

Stephane Ducasse-3
Yes it is its purpose.

On Sat, Jul 22, 2017 at 2:44 PM, Peter Uhnak <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking at Renraku and I wonder, would Renraku be a good start for general-purpose checking?
>
> E.g. I have a domain, where Person cannot drink if they are underage.
>
> So I've created a simple ReAbstractRule subclass that does basic check
>
> SomeRule>>basicCheck: anEntity
>         ^ anEntity age < 18
>
> and also custom Critique.
>
> So for everything seems that it works well, however I am not sure if there are some potential roadbloacks down the road, because e.g. Renraku is meant only for AST/code based rules.
>
> Thanks,
> Peter

Re: is Renraku general purpose rule checker?

Juraj Kubelka

At ESUG 2016, Yuriy showed that someone can use Renraku for any domain (object). So, it is not limited to AST/code based rules.

In the recent effort of Benoit, he adds some rules to improve writing and executing test cases experience. This is related to AST/source code, but with more complex logic behind.

Juraj