is it possible to send perameter from pharo to EXE ?

is it possible to send perameter from pharo to EXE ?

shawon58
Hi
i want to know is there any way to send value like height , width etc from
pharo to a exe file what i created using c++ file ?

Thanks

Re: is it possible to send perameter from pharo to EXE ?

Ben Coman
Will that EXE already be running in parallel with Pharo before you send the height?
Or do you want to start the EXE with the height as a parameter?

For the former you will need to open some kind of communication channel between the two processes.
For the latter, try OSPRocess, OSSubprocess or LibC, or compile your code to a DLL with "C" function definitions and call using FFI.

cheers -ben

On Wed, 1 Jul 2020 at 17:01, shawon58 <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi
i want to know is there any way to send value like height , width etc from
pharo to a exe file what i created using c++ file ?

Thanks

Re: is it possible to send perameter from pharo to EXE ?

shawon58
HELLO Ben Coman
i want to start the EXE with the height as a parameter . as u said  try
OSPRocess, OSSubprocess or LibC, or compile your code to a DLL with "C"
function definitions and call using FFI.
i dont have that much idea, is there any tuturial or sample so know how to
do that?

Thanks

Re: is it possible to send perameter from pharo to EXE ?

Ben Coman
I've seen some before but don't know any off the top of my head.
I'd have to try searches like..... "pharo" osprocess tutorial

cheers -ben