is the return type of a method available

is the return type of a method available

Fabrizio Perin
Hi,
i was looking for the type returned by a java method but i didn't find anything related to it neither in the FAMIX MM nor in the MSE file generated by inFusion. Is this information available in the meta model?

Cheers,

Fabrizio

Re: is the return type of a method available

Simon Denier-3

On 27 mai 2010, at 16:24, Fabrizio Perin wrote:

Hi,
i was looking for the type returned by a java method but i didn't find anything related to it neither in the FAMIX MM nor in the MSE file generated by inFusion. Is this information available in the meta model?

Hi Fabrizio

I think it should be in the #declaredType of BehaviouralEntity. Unfortunately inFusion does no manage it right now and it is a known issue 223, but I can't tell whether this will be solved shortly.

Some other people are working on another importer based on the eclipse parser.

--
 Simon

Re: is the return type of a method available

Fabrizio Perin
Hi Simon,
thanks for the quick answer. I will try to write a function that retrieves this information direction from the source code and add it into the moose model.

Good to know that there is a work in progress on another importer based on the eclipse parser. It will be cool use it in the master thesis of a student of mine.

Cheers,

Fabrizio

On 27 mai 2010, at 17:03, Fabrizio Perin wrote:

Hi Simon,
thanks for the quick answer. I will try to write a function that retrieves this information direction from the source code and add it into the moose model.

Yes it's important that we are able to extend our importers when information are missing (either the importer directly or through an external tool)