is there a way to open up the smalltalk browser straight after the page has loaded?

is there a way to open up the smalltalk browser straight after the page has loaded?

Chris Zheng
I've put this function in my html

    <script type="text/javascript">
      loadAmber({
        files: ["KO.js"],
        prefix: 'projects/knockout/js',
        ready: function() {
          alert("Oeuoeu");
          smalltalk.Browser._open();
        }});
    </script>

the alert comes on, but the browser does not open. Is there an option to open it straight away?

Re: is there a way to open up the smalltalk browser straight after the page has loaded?

Nicolas Petton

Hmm, that should work. Do you get an error in the console?

Nico

Nicolas Petton
http://nicolas-petton.fr

Re: is there a way to open up the smalltalk browser straight after the page has loaded?

Chris Zheng
There's no error, I can bring up the console with the button and there is an alert message, which means that the ready function is being called.

what is your amber story?

sebastianconcept
hey there,

why did you choose amber?
tell us your most exciting amber story!

sebastian

o/

Re: what is your amber story?

Janko Mivšek-2
Hi Sebastian,

Dne 17. 10. 2012 13:37, piše sebastian:
> hey there,
>
> why did you choose amber?
> tell us your most exciting amber story!

I didn't choose yet but I see a big potential there, because Amber is
opening the door to Smalltalkers into the web browser world, where
JavaScript is a king. Without that king nothing will happen on
client-side soon, that's why Amber is even more important.

My great plan is to use Amber for generating/emitting web apps for
clients from otherwise classical Smalltalk environments like Pharo. In
other worlds: Pharo will be used for development, Amber (integrated in
Aida/Web) for deployment. Classical Smalltalk environments with all
tools are namely still much better for development.

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
Aida/Web
Smalltalk Web Application Server
http://www.aidaweb.s

Re: what is your amber story?

sebastianconcept
yes, makes sense.

if something like that would exist, I would be using it by now (unless the API sucks too much)