#isActiveMain

1 message Options

#isActiveMain

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Blair,

I have been doing some work that is somewhere between refactoring and
burning disk packs; it's closer to refactoring.  The system in question
uses some (very) multi-threaded code to obtain data and then ultimately
"compresses" it, and then (I think) posts it through the input queue to
move it to its destination.

At the center of all of this is a mutex that appears to no longer be
needed.  I am tempted to remove it in part because the result would be
more generally useful.  I further think that the classes in question
really should not be thread safe, as that can be easily arranged at the
input to the whole mess, and the promise of thread safety is probably
inviting risk.

To have a safety net, I am considering asserting that the calls are
indeed on the UI process.  Would

        self assert:[ Processor isActiveMain ]

be the right way to do that?  Will it work even when/after dialogs are
displayed?

Have a good one,

Bill

--