#isolate: gone for ever?

Hernan Wilkinson-3
Hi all,
 I just notice that #isolate: is not in the current version of Seaside.
 I searched the list and found some mails saying it was removed temporarily... but now I see it is not in the seaside book neither. What is the status about it? Is it gone forever? why? is there something to replace it?

 Thanks!
 Hernan.

--
Hernán Wilkinson
Agile Software Development, Teaching & Coaching

Re: #isolate: gone for ever?

Philippe Marschall
2011/5/26 Hernan Wilkinson <[hidden email]>:
> Hi all,
>  I just notice that #isolate: is not in the current version of Seaside.
>  I searched the list and found some mails saying it was removed
> temporarily... but now I see it is not in the seaside book neither. What is
> the status about it? Is it gone forever? why? is there something to replace
> it?

We have no short term plans to add it back but it's on our long term todo list.

IIRC when we moved from component based callback processing to global
callback processing it broke. The fix would be to restore the session
state before doing the request processing in the session.

Cheers
Philippe

Re: #isolate: gone for ever?

Julian Fitzell-2
On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 11:18 AM, Philippe Marschall
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> 2011/5/26 Hernan Wilkinson <[hidden email]>:
>> Hi all,
>>  I just notice that #isolate: is not in the current version of Seaside.
>>  I searched the list and found some mails saying it was removed
>> temporarily... but now I see it is not in the seaside book neither. What is
>> the status about it? Is it gone forever? why? is there something to replace
>> it?
>
> We have no short term plans to add it back but it's on our long term todo list.
>
> IIRC when we moved from component based callback processing to global
> callback processing it broke. The fix would be to restore the session
> state before doing the request processing in the session.

Ah, good memory - I couldn't recall what the issue was. The ideas I'm
playing with at the moment may make it easier to do exactly that -
I'll add it to my list of things to look at.

Julian