isolated continuations?

Michael Haupt-3
Hi,

apologies for cross-posting, but I'm not sure whether this is better
posted on the Seaside or Squeak-dev list...

Is there a way of getting hold of the continuations classes without
installing Seaside? The Seaside-Squeak-Continuation package in the
Seaside29 repository has a dependency on Seaside. The continuation
class therein is also named "WAContinuation", which seems to imply a
strong connection to Seaside, instead of being a continuation class
"on its own".

Best,

Michael

Re: isolated continuations?

Julian Fitzell-2
The continuation package in Seaside 2.9 should, I think, only have a
dependency on our compatibility layer, Seaside-Platform and
Seaside-Squeak-Platform so it should still be relatively loadable. But
the continuations in Seaside (particularly the partial continuations)
are specifically targeted at Seaside's needs and may or may not meet
the needs of other uses.

Julian

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 7:33 AM, Michael Haupt<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> apologies for cross-posting, but I'm not sure whether this is better
> posted on the Seaside or Squeak-dev list...
>
> Is there a way of getting hold of the continuations classes without
> installing Seaside? The Seaside-Squeak-Continuation package in the
> Seaside29 repository has a dependency on Seaside. The continuation
> class therein is also named "WAContinuation", which seems to imply a
> strong connection to Seaside, instead of being a continuation class
> "on its own".
>
> Best,
>
> Michael

Re: isolated continuations?

Michael Haupt-3
Hi Julian,

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 6:51 PM, Julian Fitzell<[hidden email]> wrote:
> ... the continuations in Seaside (particularly the partial continuations)
> are specifically targeted at Seaside's needs and may or may not meet
> the needs of other uses.

it seems it is indeed not the "normal" general-purpose continuation
class I need. Thanks for pointing this out.

Best,

Michael