iyzi Forum 0.1

ZuLuuuuuu-2
Hello,

I was looking forward to rewrite iyzi Forum on a different programming
language for a long time and I am working on an Iliad port right now.
To summarize, iyzi Forum is a forum  software targeting small/middle
sized communities.

Note that this is just a technology demo, it is not usable yet... You
can download the tar package from:

http://www.canol.info/smalltalk/iyzi_forum.tar.gz

The "Public" folder contains the static content. You can host it on a
different server.

INSTALLATION:

1) Put the .star package into your ~/.st folder.

2) Open gst-browser and do:

PackageLoader fileInPackage: 'IyziForum'.

on a workspace.

3) Put "Public" folder's contents to server folder of your choice.

4) On gst-browser, do:

IyziForum.SettingList default publicFolderUrl: 'http://localhost/
~canol/iyziForum'.

Change the url above according to your public folder url.

5) On gst-browser, do:

Iliad.SwazooIliad startOn: 8888

6) Go to:

http://localhost:8888/forum

Note: Currently, there is no admin panel and you cannot change your
own settings. Those links are that's why dead :) You can look at the
settings you can change on the SettingList class.

Canol Gokel

Re: iyzi Forum 0.1

Nicolas Petton
Hi Canol,

That's cool, thanks a lot for sharing!
I'll try it asap and give feedbacks :)

Cheers,
Nico

ZuLuuuuuu a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> I was looking forward to rewrite iyzi Forum on a different programming
> language for a long time and I am working on an Iliad port right now.
> To summarize, iyzi Forum is a forum  software targeting small/middle
> sized communities.
>
> Note that this is just a technology demo, it is not usable yet... You
> can download the tar package from:
>
> http://www.canol.info/smalltalk/iyzi_forum.tar.gz
>
> The "Public" folder contains the static content. You can host it on a
> different server.
>
> INSTALLATION:
>
> 1) Put the .star package into your ~/.st folder.
>
> 2) Open gst-browser and do:
>
> PackageLoader fileInPackage: 'IyziForum'.
>
> on a workspace.
>
> 3) Put "Public" folder's contents to server folder of your choice.
>
> 4) On gst-browser, do:
>
> IyziForum.SettingList default publicFolderUrl: 'http://localhost/
> ~canol/iyziForum'.
>
> Change the url above according to your public folder url.
>
> 5) On gst-browser, do:
>
> Iliad.SwazooIliad startOn: 8888
>
> 6) Go to:
>
> http://localhost:8888/forum
>
> Note: Currently, there is no admin panel and you cannot change your
> own settings. Those links are that's why dead :) You can look at the
> settings you can change on the SettingList class.
>

> Canol Gokel

Re: iyzi Forum 0.1

ZuLuuuuuu-2
A tiny update: A simple paging feature is added to TopicList,
MemberList and PostList widgets via Pager widget. The link has been
updated.

On Sep 9, 11:30 am, ZuLuuuuuu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was looking forward to rewrite iyzi Forum on a different programming
> language for a long time and I am working on an Iliad port right now.
> To summarize, iyzi Forum is a forum  software targeting small/middle
> sized communities.
>
> Note that this is just a technology demo, it is not usable yet... You
> can download the tar package from:
>
> http://www.canol.info/smalltalk/iyzi_forum.tar.gz
>
> The "Public" folder contains the static content. You can host it on a
> different server.
>
> INSTALLATION:
>
> 1) Put the .star package into your ~/.st folder.
>
> 2) Open gst-browser and do:
>
> PackageLoader fileInPackage: 'IyziForum'.
>
> on a workspace.
>
> 3) Put "Public" folder's contents to server folder of your choice.
>
> 4) On gst-browser, do:
>
> IyziForum.SettingList default publicFolderUrl: 'http://localhost/
> ~canol/iyziForum'.
>
> Change the url above according to your public folder url.
>
> 5) On gst-browser, do:
>
> Iliad.SwazooIliad startOn: 8888
>
> 6) Go to:
>
> http://localhost:8888/forum
>
> Note: Currently, there is no admin panel and you cannot change your
> own settings. Those links are that's why dead :) You can look at the
> settings you can change on the SettingList class.
>
> Canol Gokel

Re: iyzi Forum 0.1

Nicolas Petton
Cool, thanks for sharing it!

Is the forum ready for production?

Cheers,
Nico

Le vendredi 01 octobre 2010 à 11:51 -0700, ZuLuuuuuu a écrit :

> A tiny update: A simple paging feature is added to TopicList,
> MemberList and PostList widgets via Pager widget. The link has been
> updated.
>
> On Sep 9, 11:30 am, ZuLuuuuuu <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I was looking forward to rewrite iyzi Forum on a different programming
> > language for a long time and I am working on an Iliad port right now.
> > To summarize, iyzi Forum is a forum  software targeting small/middle
> > sized communities.
> >
> > Note that this is just a technology demo, it is not usable yet... You
> > can download the tar package from:
> >
> > http://www.canol.info/smalltalk/iyzi_forum.tar.gz
> >
> > The "Public" folder contains the static content. You can host it on a
> > different server.
> >
> > INSTALLATION:
> >
> > 1) Put the .star package into your ~/.st folder.
> >
> > 2) Open gst-browser and do:
> >
> > PackageLoader fileInPackage: 'IyziForum'.
> >
> > on a workspace.
> >
> > 3) Put "Public" folder's contents to server folder of your choice.
> >
> > 4) On gst-browser, do:
> >
> > IyziForum.SettingList default publicFolderUrl: 'http://localhost/
> > ~canol/iyziForum'.
> >
> > Change the url above according to your public folder url.
> >
> > 5) On gst-browser, do:
> >
> > Iliad.SwazooIliad startOn: 8888
> >
> > 6) Go to:
> >
> > http://localhost:8888/forum
> >
> > Note: Currently, there is no admin panel and you cannot change your
> > own settings. Those links are that's why dead :) You can look at the
> > settings you can change on the SettingList class.
> >
> > Canol Gokel

Re: iyzi Forum 0.1

ZuLuuuuuu-2
It is still like a technology demo... There are a lot of missing
features, especially all the administration actions should be done via
a class browser or something similar. On the other hand, the basic
membership system, posting system and a translation system is
working... Unfortunately, I won't be able to do many updates until
next summer :)

On Oct 3, 1:50 pm, Nicolas Petton <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Cool, thanks for sharing it!
>
> Is the forum ready for production?
>
> Cheers,
> Nico
>
> Le vendredi 01 octobre 2010 à 11:51 -0700, ZuLuuuuuu a écrit :
>
> > A tiny update: A simple paging feature is added to TopicList,
> > MemberList and PostList widgets via Pager widget. The link has been
> > updated.
>
> > On Sep 9, 11:30 am, ZuLuuuuuu <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Hello,
>
> > > I was looking forward to rewrite iyzi Forum on a different programming
> > > language for a long time and I am working on an Iliad port right now.
> > > To summarize, iyzi Forum is a forum  software targeting small/middle
> > > sized communities.
>
> > > Note that this is just a technology demo, it is not usable yet... You
> > > can download the tar package from:
>
> > >http://www.canol.info/smalltalk/iyzi_forum.tar.gz
>
> > > The "Public" folder contains the static content. You can host it on a
> > > different server.
>
> > > INSTALLATION:
>
> > > 1) Put the .star package into your ~/.st folder.
>
> > > 2) Open gst-browser and do:
>
> > > PackageLoader fileInPackage: 'IyziForum'.
>
> > > on a workspace.
>
> > > 3) Put "Public" folder's contents to server folder of your choice.
>
> > > 4) On gst-browser, do:
>
> > > IyziForum.SettingList default publicFolderUrl: 'http://localhost/
> > > ~canol/iyziForum'.
>
> > > Change the url above according to your public folder url.
>
> > > 5) On gst-browser, do:
>
> > > Iliad.SwazooIliad startOn: 8888
>
> > > 6) Go to:
>
> > >http://localhost:8888/forum
>
> > > Note: Currently, there is no admin panel and you cannot change your
> > > own settings. Those links are that's why dead :) You can look at the
> > > settings you can change on the SettingList class.
>
> > > Canol Gokel

Re: iyzi Forum 0.1

ZuLuuuuuu-2
A small update has been done again:

 - Fixed a problem with paging the member list.
 - Now uses ILRouter where appropriate so that it works with the
recent commit.
 - I managed to install it on one of the servers at our uni, so you
can see the demo at:

http://193.140.221.6:8888/forum

The ip, probably won't change but if it changes, you will be able to
reach it from:

http://siu2011.hacettepe.edu.tr:8888/forum

by then.

My aim is to make the script actually usable until February...

Re: iyzi Forum 0.1

sebastien audier
Congratulation Canol

--
Sébastien AUDIER

ObjectFusion S.A.R.L.
Applications web, consulting, design
http://www.objectfusion.fr

Re: iyzi Forum 0.1

Nicolas Petton
Le mardi 12 octobre 2010 à 03:29 -0700, ZuLuuuuuu a écrit :

> A small update has been done again:
>
>  - Fixed a problem with paging the member list.
>  - Now uses ILRouter where appropriate so that it works with the
> recent commit.
>  - I managed to install it on one of the servers at our uni, so you
> can see the demo at:
>
> http://193.140.221.6:8888/forum
>
> The ip, probably won't change but if it changes, you will be able to
> reach it from:
>
> http://siu2011.hacettepe.edu.tr:8888/forum

I just tried it, and it looks very nice :)
Congrats!

Could you put the source code in a git/svn/... repo somewhere (just in
case I have patches to include)?

I use github for my opensource projects, and I really like it :)
http://www.github.com

What do you use for persistency?

Oh, and would you mind if I promote it as an example application of
Iliad? It's like the first *real* opensource app written in Iliad :)

Cheers,
Nico

Re: iyzi Forum 0.1

MrGwen
Hi,

looks really nice ;)
Good job

Cheers,
Gwen

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 12:46 PM, Nicolas Petton
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Le mardi 12 octobre 2010 à 03:29 -0700, ZuLuuuuuu a écrit :
>> A small update has been done again:
>>
>>  - Fixed a problem with paging the member list.
>>  - Now uses ILRouter where appropriate so that it works with the
>> recent commit.
>>  - I managed to install it on one of the servers at our uni, so you
>> can see the demo at:
>>
>> http://193.140.221.6:8888/forum
>>
>> The ip, probably won't change but if it changes, you will be able to
>> reach it from:
>>
>> http://siu2011.hacettepe.edu.tr:8888/forum
>>

> I just tried it, and it looks very nice :)
> Congrats!
>
> Could you put the source code in a git/svn/... repo somewhere (just in
> case I have patches to include)?
>
> I use github for my opensource projects, and I really like it :)
> http://www.github.com
>
> What do you use for persistency?
>
> Oh, and would you mind if I promote it as an example application of
> Iliad? It's like the first *real* opensource app written in Iliad :)
>
> Cheers,
> Nico

Re: iyzi Forum 0.1

ZuLuuuuuu-2
Thank you for the nice words.

On 12 Ekim, 13:46, Nicolas Petton <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Could you put the source code in a git/svn/... repo somewhere (just in
> case I have patches to include)?

Yes, I will in a few days...

> What do you use for persistency?

I am using the image itself for now, and I plan to include an object
dumping option at the admin panel so that admin can back up.

> Oh, and would you mind if I promote it as an example application of
> Iliad? It's like the first *real* opensource app written in Iliad :)

That would be my pleasure :)

Re: iyzi Forum 0.1

ZuLuuuuuu
The git repo is now available at:

https://github.com/ZuLuuuuuu/iyziForum
Canol Gökel

Re: iyzi Forum 0.1

Nicolas Petton
Le lundi 06 décembre 2010 à 05:08 -0800, ZuLuuuuuu a écrit :
> The git repo is now available at:
>
> https://github.com/ZuLuuuuuu/iyziForum

yeahh, that's great!

Now you can even register the project on smalltalk.gnu.org, and we'll be
able to download & install it with

gst-remote --download iyzi-forum

Cheers,
Nico

Re: iyzi Forum 0.1

ZuLuuuuuu
Once I figure out how to fill in the project settings :)

Currently I fill it in like:

Short project name: iyziForum
Repository: https://github.com/ZuLuuuuuu/iyziForum
package.xml file: https://github.com/ZuLuuuuuu/iyziForum/raw/master/package.xml

I also have a url tag inside package.xml:

<url>git://github.com/ZuLuuuuuu/iyziForum.git</url>

But I get an error when do:

gst-package --download iyziForum -t ~/.st

Are these correct?
Canol Gökel

Re: iyzi Forum 0.1

Nicolas Petton
Le lundi 06 décembre 2010 à 10:49 -0800, ZuLuuuuuu a écrit :
> gst-package --download iyziForum -t ~/.st

Same here :/ It looks like it's a bug in gst-package. I'll check with
Paolo.

Cheers,
Nico

Re: iyzi Forum 0.1

Paolo Bonzini-2
On 12/06/2010 08:21 PM, Nicolas Petton wrote:
> Le lundi 06 décembre 2010 à 10:49 -0800, ZuLuuuuuu a écrit :
>> gst-package --download iyziForum -t ~/.st
>
> Same here :/ It looks like it's a bug in gst-package. I'll check with
> Paolo.

github has deployed SSL everywhere and this is screwing up gst-package.
  The simplest solution is to write libcurl bindings.

Something to do for the sprint.

Paolo