jQuery Mobile

drush66
Hello,

did anyone tried to use Seaside + jQuery Mobile? If yes, did it work out well?

thanks!

Davorin Rusevljan
http://www.cloud208.com/

Re: jQuery Mobile

Lukas Renggli
Not very well, jQuery is (or the initial version was) designed for static pages.

Lukas

On 17 June 2011 14:58, Davorin Rusevljan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> did anyone tried to use Seaside + jQuery Mobile? If yes, did it work out well?
>
> thanks!
>
> Davorin Rusevljan
> http://www.cloud208.com/

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: jQuery Mobile

drush66
On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 3:14 PM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Not very well, jQuery is (or the initial version was) designed for static pages.

maybe some other lib for multiplatform mobile seaside dev you could recommend?

RE: jQuery Mobile

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
Have a peek,

https://gist.github.com/1037934

-Boris

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 3:14 PM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Not very well, jQuery is (or the initial version was) designed for static pages.

maybe some other lib for multiplatform mobile seaside dev you could recommend?

Re: jQuery Mobile

Lukas Renggli
Yeah, but your browser will just die after a few complex pages. You
also need to implement some kind of a page garbage collection ...

Lukas

On 21 June 2011 21:01, Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Have a peek,
>
> https://gist.github.com/1037934
>
> -Boris

I should have been more explicit about my intent. Indeed, the snippet is
a sad attempt at making it dynamic and quite nicely sums up their
(mis)direction.

-Boris

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Have a peek,
>
> https://gist.github.com/1037934
>
> -Boris

Re: RE: [Seaside] jQuery Mobile

drush66

So if I am understanding right, seaside could prepare just few initial pages to be downloadwed, and then it would be for javascript to ajax back to the server so most of the client would be done in js dom manipulation while servere would just provide callbacks maybe by means of SeasideREST?

Davorin Rusevljan
http:/www.cloud208.com/

On Jun 21, 2011 9:37 PM, "Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs" <[hidden email]> wrote:

I should have been more explicit about my intent. Indeed, the snippet is
a sad attempt at making it dynamic and quite nicely sums up their
(mis)direction.

-Boris

RE: RE: [Seaside] jQuery Mobile

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)

It could be done, but I get a sense that’s not how jQuery Mobile team is envisioning things…

-Boris

Re: RE: RE: [Seaside] jQuery Mobile

drush66

Well I am certainly not a big fan of swimming against the tide, and.I do not have much vested interest in jQuery mobile, so I am open for suggestions.

Here is the situation, about 65 to 70 % of app is classic desktop web app. And Seaside seems to fit that part of the task like a glove.

Anyway, it would be really nice to have 30% of functionaly available from the smartphones. (Access to the camera and location is needed)

Now I could dust off my java hat and after some effort and pain write native android app to call in to the server. I guess if I were given unbounded time I might as well groak objective c and iphone development for its native app.

Second idea that came to my mind was jquery mobile packaged with phonegap for camera access, and somehow hooked with seaside backend.

If there are other routes to recommend or at least consider, I am all ears!

Davorin Rusevljan
http://www.cloud208.com/

On Jun 21, 2011 10:45 PM, "Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs" <[hidden email]> wrote:

It could be done, but I get a sense that’s not how jQuery Mobile team is envisioning things…

-Boris

So if I am understanding right, seaside could prepare just few initial pages to be downloadwed,...

So if I am understanding right, seaside could prepare just few initial pages to be downloadwed,...

Re: RE: RE: [Seaside] jQuery Mobile

drush66

I'll take a look.