jQuery equivalent of html scriptaculous updater

jQuery equivalent of html scriptaculous updater

Louis LaBrunda
Hi,

Can someone please point me to the jQuery equivalent of "html scriptaculous
updater".

Lou

Re: jQuery equivalent of html scriptaculous updater

Gastón Dall' Oglio
Hi.

I never use Scriptaculous, but maybe something like this:

This example used the #JQLoad class.

Regards.

El 11 de abril de 2012 19:23, Louis LaBrunda <[hidden email]> escribió:
Hi,

Can someone please point me to the jQuery equivalent of "html scriptaculous
updater".

Lou

jQuery equivalent of html scriptaculous updater

Louis LaBrunda
Hi Gastón,

>I never use Scriptaculous, but maybe something like this:
>http://demo.seaside.st/javascript/jquery/repeatedajaxcalls
>This example used the #JQLoad class.

Thanks for the post, I will take a look.  I used the scriptaculous updater
a few years ago.  Now, because scriptaculous and jQuery don't play nice
together and scriptaculous isn't as popular as jQuery, I would like to move
to jQuery.

The way I'm using scriptaculous updater is not an automatic update but one
where row or items are added to a table on a button click.  An Ajax call is
made to the server so the server knows what's going on and returns the row.

This works very well but I would like to find the jQuery equivalent.

Lou

Re: jQuery equivalent of html scriptaculous updater

Gastón Dall' Oglio

El 12 de abril de 2012 13:29, Louis LaBrunda <[hidden email]> escribió:
Hi Gastón,

Hi Louis,

>I never use Scriptaculous, but maybe something like this:
>http://demo.seaside.st/javascript/jquery/repeatedajaxcalls
>This example used the #JQLoad class.

Thanks for the post, I will take a look.  I used the scriptaculous updater
a few years ago.  Now, because scriptaculous and jQuery don't play nice
together and scriptaculous isn't as popular as jQuery, I would like to move
to jQuery.

The way I'm using scriptaculous updater is not an automatic update but one
where row or items are added to a table on a button click.  An Ajax call is
made to the server so the server knows what's going on and returns the row.

Oh yes, I gave you this for quick reference, but for do an ajax call and dom manipulation with the response you can do something like this:

Then, when the click is perform in the button an ajax call is do, and this block is evaluate in the server, where you add (#<<) code to a script (parameter s), in example to add/append/prepend html in some node (#logger) of dom:
[ :s | s << (s jQuery: #logger) ... ])

Maybe scriptaculous updater does something more specific, in this case I'm sure jQuery have an more direct equivalent, I don't know.
Hope you help.

Regards.