jQueryMobile for Seaside 3.2.0?

Michael J. Forster
I see the last mention of jQueryMobile on this list was Esteban A. M.'s inquiry in late 2013. Has anyone tried it with Seaside 3.2.0?

I ask because I'm interested in using it, but I find installation of the existing version pulls in an older Seaside and dependencies. I would be happy to collaborate or assist with an update to support Seaside 3.2.0 if anyone is interested.

Best,

Mike

Re: jQueryMobile for Seaside 3.2.0?

Paul DeBruicker
Where did you load the configuration from?

Do you know how to make a version that would only load Seaside 3.2 packages?  If not I can help with that.  I'd guess it would work with minimal changes if any.

Michael J. Forster wrote

Mike

Re: jQueryMobile for Seaside 3.2.0?

Paul DeBruicker
Hi Michael,

I took a few minutes and got it "working" in Pharo 5 with Seaside 3.2.0.  The flickr example in ConfigurationOfJQueryMobileSamples works with the change described below.

The new repo on smalltalkhub here:

http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~Seaside/JQueryMobile

In a cleanr Pharo 5 you can load the example with

Metacello new
     repository:'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/JQueryMobile/main';
     configuration: 'JQueryMobileSamples';
     version: #stable;
     load.

The two main problems to fix now are:

1. the javascript libraries are from 2012, so they need to be updated along with any changes to the APIs

2. for the flickr example to work, with my level of understanding, you have to modify a core part of Seaside.  I'm not sure about the internals but the flickr example works if you change

WARenderPhaseContinuation>>#processRendering:

and add

document scriptGenerator: JQMScriptGenerator new.

right after the document is created the example works great.  It is likely that there is a configuration option for this I just don't know it.

Hope this helps

Paul

Michael J. Forster wrote

Mike

On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 1:32 AM, Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>
> I took a few minutes and got it "working" in Pharo 5 with Seaside 3.2.0.
> The flickr example in ConfigurationOfJQueryMobileSamples works with the
> change described below.
>

> The new repo on smalltalkhub here:
>
> http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~Seaside/JQueryMobile

[...]
> The two main problems to fix now are:

[...]
> Hope this helps
>
> Paul

Hi Paul,

Wow. Thank you. I haven't spent enough time with Metacello
configurations to get started, so, yes, that does help!

I will test that package and look at the potential changes required
for the latest JS libraries.

Thanks again,

Mike

Re: jQueryMobile for Seaside 3.2.0?

tsl4
> The two main problems to fix now are:

You still need to make manual changes on 27 Aug 2017