jenkins - set author identification programmatically in Pharo

jenkins - set author identification programmatically in Pharo

Paul DeBruicker
Hi -

I'm trying to set up jenkins on a local machine.  It stumbles when it
attempts to run the build script because it asks to put in the author
name.  The top of the PharoDebug.log from the jenkins server is pasted
below.  How have other people dealt with this?

Thanks

Paul

THERE_BE_DRAGONS_HERE
An attempt to use interactive tools detected, while in non-interactive mode
6 December 2011 10:55:29 am

VM: unix - i686 - linux-gnu - Croquet Closure Cog VM [CoInterpreter VMMaker.oscog-eem.138]
Image: Pharo1.3 [Latest update: #13315]

NonInteractiveUIManager>>nonInteractive
        Receiver: a NonInteractiveUIManager
        Arguments and temporary variables:

        Receiver's instance variables:
                uiManager: a MorphicUIManager
                doNotQuitOnRestart: false

NonInteractiveUIManager>>request:initialAnswer:title:
        Receiver: a NonInteractiveUIManager
        Arguments and temporary variables:
                aStringOrText: 'Please type your full name.
It will be used to sign the change...etc...
                defaultAnswer: 'FirstnameLastname'
                aTitle: 'Author identification'
                answer: nil
        Receiver's instance variables:
                uiManager: a MorphicUIManager
                doNotQuitOnRestart: false

Author>>requestFullName
        Receiver: an Author
        Arguments and temporary variables:
                initialAnswer: 'FirstnameLastname'
        Receiver's instance variables:
                fullName: ''

Author>>fullName
        Receiver: an Author
        Arguments and temporary variables:

        Receiver's instance variables:
                fullName: ''

Re: jenkins - set author identification programmatically in Pharo

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 8:12 PM, Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi -

I'm trying to set up jenkins on a local machine.
 It stumbles when it attempts to run the build script because it asks to put in the author name.  The top of the PharoDebug.log from the jenkins server is pasted below.  How have other people dealt with this?

Author fullName: 'mariano'.

I build my images with a special builder I did for me. You can get some data if you want. Check GeneralImageBuilder in http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/MarianoBuilder
I describe a little bit such builder in: http://marianopeck.wordpress.com/2011/11/19/loading-projects-and-building-your-own-images-with-metacello/

Cheers

[...]

               fullName:       ''

Author>>fullName
       Receiver: an Author

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: jenkins - set author identification programmatically in Pharo

fstephany
I guess, you could do something like in the build script:

Author fullName: 'jenkins'.