jniport / javaconnect and verveinej

Tudor Girba
Hi Cyrille,

Would you have a bit of time to try to connect to verveinej using jniport or javaconnect? It would be an interesting experience for us, especially that you would have access to the java code now.

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Being happy is a matter of choice."

Re: jniport / javaconnect and verveinej

cdelaunay
Ok, I add that to my to-do list :)
Not sure when I will start it, but I will let you inform

2010/11/3 Tudor Girba <[hidden email]>
Hi Cyrille,

Would you have a bit of time to try to connect to verveinej using jniport or javaconnect? It would be an interesting experience for us, especially that you would have access to the java code now.

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Being happy is a matter of choice."

Re: jniport / javaconnect and verveinej

Tudor Girba
Great!

Would it be possible to have access to your to do list? :) I was just thinking that maybe people can tell you what items are more important for them, and like that you would get a priority list :).

Doru

On 3 Nov 2010, at 12:30, Cyrille Delaunay wrote:

> Ok, I add that to my to-do list :)
> Not sure when I will start it, but I will let you inform
>
> 2010/11/3 Tudor Girba <[hidden email]>
> Hi Cyrille,
>
> Would you have a bit of time to try to connect to verveinej using jniport or javaconnect? It would be an interesting experience for us, especially that you would have access to the java code now.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Being happy is a matter of choice."

www.tudorgirba.com

"It's not how it is, it is how we see it."

Re: jniport / javaconnect and verveinej

cdelaunay
It is accesible via svn at https://scm.gforge.inria.fr/svn/lse/People/Delaunay/TaskList.txt
I don't remember if everybody have access to it, if not I can move it to another public place.
So now I will try to be more carrefull about writing my tasks clearly and in english :)

2010/11/3 Tudor Girba <[hidden email]>
Great!

Would it be possible to have access to your to do list? :) I was just thinking that maybe people can tell you what items are more important for them, and like that you would get a priority list :).

Doru

On 3 Nov 2010, at 12:30, Cyrille Delaunay wrote:

> Ok, I add that to my to-do list :)
> Not sure when I will start it, but I will let you inform
>
> 2010/11/3 Tudor Girba <[hidden email]>
> Hi Cyrille,
>
> Would you have a bit of time to try to connect to verveinej using jniport or javaconnect? It would be an interesting experience for us, especially that you would have access to the java code now.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Being happy is a matter of choice."

www.tudorgirba.com

"It's not how it is, it is how we see it."

Re: jniport / javaconnect and verveinej

cdelaunay
I tried to implement something: The idea was to access directly the famixRepository generated by verveine, instead of exporting it to mse and then re-import it in pharo. Is that the good idea ?
But doing that seems to be very slow (But I suspect my image/machine to be very slow a this moment. Should be better with a cog vm. For example, Access any parameter of a FamixEntity (a Java object), took more than one second. So I guess it was faster to export the mse and then re-import it).
Another idea would be to 're-implement' verveine in smalltalk and access the AST using JNIPort.

You can have a look at it by just loading: http://code.google.com/p/moose-technology/issues/detail?id=482

I also plan to make a wizard to automatically generate the mse from verveine and  then load it in moose (in the same way than InFusion)

Gofer new
     url: www.squeaksource.com;
     package: 'JNIPortExample';
    load

It should work in a 1.1 image, but if not , maybe try a second time :) (I don't know why but sometimes it loads well, sometimes not).

Then there will be an example in the class side of ImportFromVerveineExample (you have to set your own path to the verveines librairies). Open a transcript, and the example should display all the entities of the famixRepository.

I opened an issue:

2010/11/9 Cyrille Delaunay <[hidden email]>
I tried to implement something: The idea was to access directly the famixRepository generated by verveine, instead of exporting it to mse and then re-import it in pharo. Is that the good idea ?
But doing that seems to be very slow (But I suspect my image/machine to be very slow a this moment. Should be better with a cog vm. For example, Access any parameter of a FamixEntity (a Java object), took more than one second. So I guess it was faster to export the mse and then re-import it).
Another idea would be to 're-implement' verveine in smalltalk and access the AST using JNIPort.

You can have a look at it by just loading: http://code.google.com/p/moose-technology/issues/detail?id=482
I also plan to make a wizard to automatically generate the mse from verveine and  then load it in moose (in the same way than InFusion)

oops :)  It should be:

You can have a look at it by just loading:

Gofer new
     url: www.squeaksource.com;
     package: 'JNIPortExample';
    load

It should work in a 1.1 image, but if not , maybe try a second time :) (I don't know why but sometimes it loads well, sometimes not).

Then there will be an example in the class side of ImportFromVerveineExample (you have to set your own path to the verveines librairies). Open a transcript, and the example should display all the entities of the famixRepository.

I opened an issue:

I also plan to make a wizard to automatically generate the mse from verveine and  then load it in moose (in the same way than InFusion)

2010/11/3 Cyrille Delaunay <[hidden email]>

It is accesible via svn at https://scm.gforge.inria.fr/svn/lse/People/Delaunay/TaskList.txt
I don't remember if everybody have access to it, if not I can move it to another public place.
So now I will try to be more carrefull about writing my tasks clearly and in english :)

2010/11/3 Tudor Girba <[hidden email]>
Great!

Would it be possible to have access to your to do list? :) I was just thinking that maybe people can tell you what items are more important for them, and like that you would get a priority list :).

Doru

On 3 Nov 2010, at 12:30, Cyrille Delaunay wrote:

> Ok, I add that to my to-do list :)
> Not sure when I will start it, but I will let you inform
>
> 2010/11/3 Tudor Girba <[hidden email]>
> Hi Cyrille,
>
> Would you have a bit of time to try to connect to verveinej using jniport or javaconnect? It would be an interesting experience for us, especially that you would have access to the java code now.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Being happy is a matter of choice."

www.tudorgirba.com

"It's not how it is, it is how we see it."

Re: jniport / javaconnect and verveinej

Tudor Girba
Sounds great. I will take a look in the following days.

Please keep up all this nice work :)

Cheers,
Doru

On 9 Nov 2010, at 10:39, Cyrille Delaunay wrote:

> [...]
>
> Doru
>

> On 3 Nov 2010, at 12:30, Cyrille Delaunay wrote:
>
> > Ok, I add that to my to-do list :)
> > Not sure when I will start it, but I will let you inform
> >
> > 2010/11/3 Tudor Girba <[hidden email]>
> > Hi Cyrille,
> >
> > Would you have a bit of time to try to connect to verveinej using jniport or javaconnect? It would be an interesting experience for us, especially that you would have access to the java code now.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Doru
> >

> > --
> > www.tudorgirba.com
> >
> > "Being happy is a matter of choice."

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "It's not how it is, it is how we see it."

"If you interrupt the barber while he is cutting your hair,
you will end up with a messy haircut."