join

Yuriy Babah

Re: join

Yuriy Babah
FFIStructure questions:
following page 40 of the 2020-02-12-uFFI-V1.0.1.pdf booklet:

FFIStructure subclass: #RsnStructure
instanceVariableNames: ''
classVariableNames: ''
package: 'LiraRSN'

RsnStructure class >> fieldsDesc [
^ #(
int ke;
int node;
float rz;
float x;
float y;
) ]

RsnStructure rebuildFieldAccessors  >> resulted:

"Instance of RsnStucture class did not undestand #readStream",
in FFIExternalStructureFieldParser  class >> parseField:structure:

LiraRSN.st (566 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: join

Yuriy Babah
ran on Pharo 8.0x64 on Windows 10

Re: join

Hello and welcome Yuriy

can you tell us what is your problem?

On 26 Jan 2021, at 12:32, Yuriy Babah <[hidden email]> wrote:

FFIStructure questions:
following page 40 of the 2020-02-12-uFFI-V1.0.1.pdf booklet:

FFIStructure subclass: #RsnStructure
instanceVariableNames: ''
classVariableNames: ''
package: 'LiraRSN'

RsnStructure class >> fieldsDesc [
^ #(
int ke;
int node;
float rz;
float x;
float y;
) ]

RsnStructure rebuildFieldAccessors  >> resulted:

"Instance of RsnStucture class did not undestand #readStream",
in FFIExternalStructureFieldParser  class >> parseField:structure:
<LiraRSN.st>

03 59 35 87 52
Assistant: Aurore Dalle
FAX 03 59 57 78 50
TEL 03 59 35 86 16
S. Ducasse - Inria
40, avenue Halley,
Villeneuve d'Ascq 59650
France

Re: join

Yuriy Babah
Hello everybody!
From the very beginning I stepped - misnamed the topic, I thought to join
the mail subscription (by running the join command), but I was already
subscribed.
I don't know how to rename this forum post, if it can be renamed then its
name should be "FFIStructure questions".
I am trying to run my C library on Pharo.
Once upon a time I ran a test C function on Pharo, and with the help of the
forum, it worked. But even FFI has changed since then, and I'm trying to
master it from small to large. An attempt to determine the C structure
failed and an error was received.
Posts above, this was my attempt to briefly describe this error, or to get
the direction of my further movement, if I was mistaken.

Re: join

Stéphane Ducasse
Do not care about the title.
What I suggest is that you send a new email

With FFI in the title
and you expose what you did before and what does not work anymore
in plain text.
Joining the code is nice but you should not force people to lose their time
trying to understand what is YOUR problem.

So you should always understand that nobody is paid to reply to your questions
so the point is how to help people to help you.

S.

On 27 Jan 2021, at 07:40, Yuriy Babah <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello everybody!
From the very beginning I stepped - misnamed the topic, I thought to join
[...]

France

Re: join

Yuriy Babah
Sorry for not creating a separate letter, but my problem was solved, it was
that the code section in the booklet was in square brackets:
<http://forum.world.st/file/t370707/ffiStructure.jpg>
why are they there?

Re: join

Stéphane Ducasse
this is because this is the tonel format for method.
In the future we will make sure that you can type the [ ] in the code browser

Why we are doing this. Because else you can never know if you method has been cut or not in the middle.