jquery question

Sophie424
Is the squeak jquery work based on the current jquery 1.2.3 ? Currently any
ways to interface to the new jquery UI?

Thanks
- Sophie

RE: jquery question

Sebastian Sastre-2
Hi Sophie,

        yes it started with jQuery 1.2.3 and if you take a look in the wiki at
squeaksource you'll found a convenient package called unstable which will add
seaside libraries (with exactly that version).

        I don't know what you mean by the new jquery UI.

        By the weay, the jQuery site is very well done I think Seaside site can
benchmark some features but specially the "Support *Seaside* team ammount in $10
(default) donateButton" part.

        Squeak also needs that. It's very important.

        cheers,

Sebastian Sastre

Re: jquery question

EstebanLM
Hi Sophie,
I'm a little bit confused, what is the new jquery UI?

On 2008-05-16 21:06:08 -0300, "itsme213" <[hidden email]> said:

> Is the squeak jquery work based on the current jquery 1.2.3 ? Currently any
> ways to interface to the new jquery UI?
>
> Thanks
> - Sophie

Re: jquery question

Sophie424
"Sebastian Sastre" <[hidden email]> wrote

http://ui.jquery.com/

> Squeak also needs that. It's very important.

I agree.

Thanks,

Sophie

Re: jquery question

Philippe Marschall
2008/5/19, Sebastian Sastre <[hidden email]>:

> Hi Sophie,
>
>         yes it started with jQuery 1.2.3 and if you take a look in the wiki at
>  squeaksource you'll found a convenient package called unstable which will add
>  seaside libraries (with exactly that version).
>
>         I don't know what you mean by the new jquery UI.
>
>         By the weay, the jQuery site is very well done I think Seaside site can
>  benchmark some features but specially the "Support *Seaside* team ammount in $10
>  (default) donateButton" part.
>
>         Squeak also needs that. It's very important.

Nah, then you need the whole infra to deal with money, especially a
legal body. Who can use it? For what? Unless you're cool with me
spending it on booze and hookers that is.

Cheers
Philippe

RE: jquery question

Sebastian Sastre-2

> >         Squeak also needs that. It's very important.
>
> Nah, then you need the whole infra to deal with money, especially a
> legal body. Who can use it? For what? Unless you're cool with me
> spending it on booze and hookers that is.
>
> Cheers
> Philippe

If you are thinking small as in your illustrative examples then maybe your right. So if you don't want to have the problem of deciding among options that's your problem.

In the other hand if you think our community can scale without using some money then I don't see how.

Sebastian Sastre

RE: Re: jquery question

Sebastian Sastre-2
Wow I didn't knew about this. Very interesting.
Answering your original question: yes I don't see any problem. Ui jquery seems
based on jquery 1.2.4. Is a matter of keep making seaside scriptaculous kind of
code to interface more stuff.

Main goal of jQuery project at squeaksource is follow the pace of jQuery itself
just providing a production ready interface for seaside apps. That way seasiders
can use jquery plugins helping to miminize UI dev costs without relinquishing to
cool ui features.

        cheers,

Sebastian Sastre

Re: jquery question

EstebanLM
He, we already have one of this plugins (UITabs), and I didn't know
this is new stuff :)
btw, UITabs works fine with 1.2.3.

Cheers,
Esteban