kdtree

werner kassens-2
Hi,
i made a new version of Math-KDTree (covered everything with tests, put tests in a separate package, shortened long methods). since SciSmalltalk is now not only on GitHub, i wonder whether i could upload it to SmalltalkHub, or whether i should better send it directly to someone who does this and change the configuration accordingly. i have to admit, i completely forgot how i used github when i first uploaded that package and im not so sure that i can change the configuration correctly.
werner

Re: kdtree

SergeStinckwich
On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 12:44 PM, werner kassens <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Werner,

> i made a new version of Math-KDTree (covered everything with tests, put
> tests in a separate package, shortened long methods). since SciSmalltalk is
> now not only on GitHub, i wonder whether i could upload it to SmalltalkHub,
> or whether i should better send it directly to someone who does this and
> change the configuration accordingly. i have to admit, i completely forgot
> how i used github when i first uploaded that package and im not so sure that
> i can change the configuration correctly.

Thank you for your great contribution !
You are right, most of SciSmalltalk code is on SmalltalkHub at the moment.
If you give me you id on SmalltalkHub, I will add you as a contributor.

Because there are many sub-modules (ODE, kdtree), maybe we should have
a SciSmalltalk org on SmalltalkHub and several
repository for each modules. Maybe this will be easier to manage the
project with many contributors.

We should only use github for issues and documentation. Maybe also
switch to a github org also ?
We also need to work on more documentation ;-)

Regards,
--
Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)

Re: kdtree

werner kassens-2
 Hi Serge,

If you give me your id on SmalltalkHub, I will add you as a contributor.

my username on SmalltalkHub is wernerk

Because there are many sub-modules (ODE, kdtree), maybe we should have
a SciSmalltalk org on SmalltalkHub and several
repository for each modules. Maybe this will be easier to manage the
project with many contributors.

i have to admit, i have no opinion about this. actually i dont even know what an org on SmalltalkHub is.

We should only use github for issues and documentation. Maybe also
switch to a github org also ?
We also need to work on more documentation ;-)

well <g>, i really do not like git and dont want to use it anymore. otoh SmalltalkHub does not seem to have an infrastructure for documentation.
 werner

Re: kdtree

werner kassens-2

Hi Serge,
i tried to upload the KDTree package by simply adding the smalltalkHub directory to the repositories in monticello and saving in monticello, but SmalltalkHub did not let me do the upload. what do i have to do, to make this work?
werner

Re: kdtree

SergeStinckwich
On Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 3:59 PM, werner kassens <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Serge,

Hi Werner,

> i tried to upload the KDTree package by simply adding the smalltalkHub
> directory to the repositories in monticello and saving in monticello, but
> SmalltalkHub did not let me do the upload. what do i have to do, to make
> this work?

I just add you as a contributor for SciSmalltalk on SmalltalkHub.
Can you try again ?

Regards,

--
Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: kdtree

werner kassens-2

Thanks Serge,
i uploaded the new versions and updated the configuration.
werner