kernel-methods.js encoding error?

Jacob Wagner
  Hi, I was recently uploading a project to a webpage hoster in which I only get SFTP access...
I wasn't able to run amber without converting Kernel-Methods.js to UTF8.

If I view said file in Notepad++ in "ANSI" there is a Â character on line 1567 that seems to cause a javascript error.

I got into this mess in the first place by copying my local github repo (on windows) of amber.

I'm aware that I probably should have checked out in UTF-8 or something, but since it seems like Kernel-Methods.js is the only file with this problem I thought I'd throw this info out there just in case it's not intended behavior or someone else runs into the same issue.

Thanks!

-Jacob

<zenchess@gmail.com>

Re: kernel-methods.js encoding error?

Herby Vojčík
You should assume every .js is UTF-8, anyway.

Yes, it bit me once on a system which served it in ANSI, there are some dangling hard/non-breakable spaces (0xa0).