keyboard shortcut for 'save image'

sergio_101-2
wondering if there was a keyboard shortcut for 'save image' that i
could just periodically hit while i am going..

maybe it's the emacs in me that makes me less mouse grabby..

thanks!

--

----
peace,

http://www.coffee-black.com
http://www.painlessfrugality.com
http://www.twitter.com/sergio_101
http://www.facebook.com/sergio101

Re: keyboard shortcut for 'save image'

Stéphane Ducasse
Sergio
there is a emacs guys in me too.
This is why I would love that somebody
        - look at the key binding
        - look at the key binding implementation
        - look at the old package supporting per editor key binding and puths that to us

Any taker?

Stef

On Mar 24, 2010, at 6:02 AM, sergio_101 wrote:

> wondering if there was a keyboard shortcut for 'save image' that i
> could just periodically hit while i am going..
>
> maybe it's the emacs in me that makes me less mouse grabby..
>
> thanks!
>

> --
>
> ----
> peace,
> sergio
> photographer, journalist, visionary
>
> http://www.coffee-black.com
> http://www.painlessfrugality.com
> http://www.twitter.com/sergio_101
> http://www.facebook.com/sergio101

Re: keyboard shortcut for 'save image'

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Stéphane Ducasse wrote
This is why I would love that somebody
        - look at the key binding
        - look at the key binding implementation
        - look at the old package supporting per editor key binding and puths that to us

Any taker?
I'm in the process of loading KeyBinder, KeyMapping, and SVI to see how they do what they do.  I'm also collecting various feedback and information on those projects.  When I paint a picture of what's been done, I'll present it here and on squeak-dev, so we can discuss the best way to proceed.  I would be happy to write some code, but there is a good bit of changing core classes in at least one of the above packages, so I'd like to get a consensus before I dig in.  Also, it seemed like annotations might be interesting, which none of the previous projects (that I saw) have used.

Sean
Cheers,
Sean

Re: keyboard shortcut for 'save image'

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Preliminarily...

Keymapping
* adds names of shortcut groups, as symbols, in a morph's extension properties
* changes Morph
  - extends with about 15 methods
  - overrides handleKeystroke: to invoke any key maps before normal handling process

KeyBinder
* registers as a keyboard listener with the ActiveHand

I installed them both successfully in Squeak 4.1#10142 (figured Squeak would be closer to the image they were last known to work in).  They seem to work with minor changes - tests and default shortcuts appear okay.

I'd love to hear anyone's experience using either of these projects long-term...

Cheers,
Sean

p.s. I'll check out SVI tomorrow - very interested in vi bindings.
Cheers,
Sean

On May 14, 2010, at 1:26 AM, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:

> Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>>
>> This is why I would love that somebody
>> - look at the key binding
>> - look at the key binding implementation
>> - look at the old package supporting per editor key binding and puths
>> that to us
>>
>> Any taker?
>>

> I'm in the process of loading KeyBinder, KeyMapping, and SVI to see how they
> do what they do.  I'm also collecting various feedback and information on
> those projects.  When I paint a picture of what's been done, I'll present it
> here and on squeak-dev, so we can discuss the best way to proceed.

Excellent!!!!
Let us know, now I'm not sure that there is a solution that can work for both squeak/pharo.
so we will see. I prefer to have a good solution than an average one.

 I would be happy to write some code, but there is a good bit of changing core

> classes in at least one of the above packages, so I'd like to get a
> consensus before I dig in.  Also, it seemed like annotations might be
> interesting, which none of the previous projects (that I saw) have used.
>
> Sean

Re: keyboard shortcut for 'save image'

Do you know if the mapping are instances based
because this was the limitation of the previous solution?
I already implemented a solution long time ago but paragraphEditor was soo bad.

Then  sharing a table by default and making it customizable is the way to go
as in the VW Parser design.

Stef

On May 14, 2010, at 5:31 AM, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:

> Preliminarily...
>
> Keymapping
> * adds names of shortcut groups, as symbols, in a morph's extension
> properties
> * changes Morph
>  - extends with about 15 methods
>  - overrides handleKeystroke: to invoke any key maps before normal handling
> process
>
> KeyBinder
> * registers as a keyboard listener with the ActiveHand
>
> I installed them both successfully in Squeak 4.1#10142 (figured Squeak would
> be closer to the image they were last known to work in).  They seem to work
> with minor changes - tests and default shortcuts appear okay.
>
> I'd love to hear anyone's experience using either of these projects
> long-term...
>
> Cheers,
> Sean
>
> p.s. I'll check out SVI tomorrow - very interested in vi bindings.

Re: keyboard shortcut for 'save image'

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 5:31 AM, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:

Preliminarily...

Keymapping
* adds names of shortcut groups, as symbols, in a morph's extension
properties
* changes Morph
 - extends with about 15 methods
 - overrides handleKeystroke: to invoke any key maps before normal handling
process

KeyBinder
* registers as a keyboard listener with the ActiveHand

I installed them both successfully in Squeak 4.1#10142 (figured Squeak would
be closer to the image they were last known to work in).  They seem to work
with minor changes - tests and default shortcuts appear okay.

This is cool Sean. However, you should take care in Pharo about the InputSensor and EventSensor. We remove them and we have now InputEventSensor and friends. I didn't load the packages, but just in case they use/override them.

Cheers

Mariano

I'd love to hear anyone's experience using either of these projects
long-term...

Cheers,
Sean

p.s. I'll check out SVI tomorrow - very interested in vi bindings.

Re: keyboard shortcut for 'save image'

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Mariano Martinez Peck wrote
This is cool Sean. However, you should take care in Pharo about the
InputSensor and EventSensor. We remove them and we have now InputEventSensor
and friends. I didn't load the packages, but just in case they use/override
them.
Thanks for the heads up.  No conflict yet.

- Sean
Cheers,
Sean