kudos to Eliot

tty

kudos to Eliot

tty
Eliot,

From the cheap seats, your work and dedication is wonderful.

You are a great role-model for what a programmer should be and you have set standards that I only aspire to at the moment.

Thanks for all you have done and are doing.

Smalltalk is a great language and your VM kicks butt.

cheers.

tty

Re: kudos to Eliot

Tobias Pape
indeed!

> On 29.03.2018, at 08:50, Marcel Taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Agreed. :-)
>> Am 29.03.2018 02:03:35 schrieb gettimothy <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> Eliot,
>>
>> From the cheap seats, your work and dedication is wonderful.
>>
>> You are a great role-model for what a programmer should be and you have set standards that I only aspire to at the moment.
>>
>> Thanks for all you have done and are doing.
>>
>> Smalltalk is a great language and your VM kicks butt.
>>
>> cheers.
>>
>> tty

Re: kudos to Eliot

TimKack
I am a long time lurker and normally doesn’t have much to contribute or say
on this ML, but this time I’ll chime into the choir:
Spur is a game changer for me!
But set a side the technical advancements of the Squeak/Pharo VM, I’d say
that the responsiveness, the level of detail and the friendliness of Eliot
is admirable.
Sure, there are bugs, inefficiencies, hacks etc - but not more than any
other software project.

I am excited to see where it will go with Sista etc, but also where the
community are headed - and it is a gentle community where Eliot is a central
part of that.

Cheers,
Tim

Re: kudos to Eliot

Edgar De Cleene
Re: [squeak-dev] kudos to Eliot I know Elliot in flesh in Smalltalks 2010 in Concepcion del Uruguay, Entre Rios, Argentina.
To his programmers skill I was a witness of his guitar talent and one of the memorable shows Smalltaks congress give to us.
So Elliot “Vive mucho y prospera”

Edgar
@morplenauta

On 28/03/2018, 21:03, "gettimothy" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Eliot,

From the cheap seats, your work and dedication is wonderful.

You are a great role-model for what a programmer should be and you have set standards that I only aspire to at the moment.

Thanks for all you have done and are doing.

Smalltalk is a great language and your VM kicks butt.

cheers.

tty

Re: kudos to Eliot

alistairgrant
On 29 March 2018 at 09:09, TimKack <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am a long time lurker and normally doesn’t have much to contribute or say
> on this ML, but this time I’ll chime into the choir:
> Spur is a game changer for me!
> But set a side the technical advancements of the Squeak/Pharo VM, I’d say
> that the responsiveness, the level of detail and the friendliness of Eliot
> is admirable.
> Sure, there are bugs, inefficiencies, hacks etc - but not more than any
> other software project.
>
> I am excited to see where it will go with Sista etc, but also where the
> community are headed - and it is a gentle community where Eliot is a central
> part of that.
>
> Cheers,
> Tim

Nicely said!

Cheers,
Alistair

Re: kudos to Eliot

Robert Hirschfeld
+1 :)

> On 29 Mar 2018, at 02:03, gettimothy <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Eliot,
>
> From the cheap seats, your work and dedication is wonderful.
>
> You are a great role-model for what a programmer should be and you have set standards that I only aspire to at the moment.
>
> Thanks for all you have done and are doing.
>
> Smalltalk is a great language and your VM kicks butt.
>
> cheers.
>
> tty

Re: kudos to Eliot

Bert Freudenberg
On 29 March 2018 at 02:03, gettimothy <[hidden email]> wrote:
Eliot,

From the cheap seats, your work and dedication is wonderful.

You are a great role-model for what a programmer should be and you have set standards that I only aspire to at the moment.

Thanks for all you have done and are doing.

Smalltalk is a great language and your VM kicks butt.

cheers.

tty

​Hear, hear.

- Bert -​

Re: kudos to Eliot

Tim Johnson-2
kudos add: self yellRockOn.

On Mar 29, 2018, at 3:38 AM, Robert Hirschfeld wrote:

> +1 :)
>
>> On 29 Mar 2018, at 02:03, gettimothy <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Eliot,
>>
>> From the cheap seats, your work and dedication is wonderful.
>>
>> You are a great role-model for what a programmer should be and you have set standards that I only aspire to at the moment.
>>
>> Thanks for all you have done and are doing.
>>
>> Smalltalk is a great language and your VM kicks butt.
>>
>> cheers.
>>
>> tty

Re: kudos to Eliot

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
TimKack wrote
> Spur is a game changer for me!
> … and it is a gentle community where Eliot is a central
> part of that.

Yes!!!

-----
Cheers,
Sean

Sean

Re: kudos to Eliot

Ron Teitelbaum
Ron Teitelbaum

On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 1:25 PM, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
TimKack wrote
> Spur is a game changer for me!
> … and it is a gentle community where Eliot is a central
> part of that.

Yes!!!

-----
Cheers,