lagging in the interface

Hilaire Fernandes
When using Pharo under tablet (both iPad and Android), we have noted
some lag in the user interface when clicking a button. Indeed sometime
you have to press twice a button to get the press event caught by Pharo.

This problem does not occur with Squeak 3.9 and same StackVM.

Any idea?

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo -- http://www.drgeo.eu

Re: lagging in the interface

Stéphane Ducasse

On Apr 17, 2012, at 4:25 PM, Hilaire Fernandes wrote:

> When using Pharo under tablet (both iPad and Android), we have noted
> some lag in the user interface when clicking a button. Indeed sometime
> you have to press twice a button to get the press event caught by Pharo.
>
> This problem does not occur with Squeak 3.9 and same StackVM.
>
> Any idea?

No.
Do you have a case?

Re: lagging in the interface

Hilaire Fernandes
Le 19/04/2012 13:52, Stéphane Ducasse a écrit :
> No.
> Do you have a case?

Not really, it is just that some time, tapping on a button may just not
respond.
Dimitry reported me it was not occuring with Squeak 3.9, but I have not
tested it myself.

At first I though it may be related to the theme I use for DrGeo, but
Dimitry noted the same issue with bare bone Pharo.

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo -- http://www.drgeo.eu

Re: lagging in the interface

Igor Stasenko
apparently this is about even delivery mechanism and/or with interrupt handling.
but i cannot say any more details, because i have no idea how this is
handled on ipad (and it is handled differently for sure,
than on other platforms)

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.

Re: lagging in the interface

Hilaire Fernandes
We noted that in the Android.

Hilaie

--
Dr. Geo -- http://www.drgeo.eu

Re: lagging in the interface

Gary Chambers-4
Aye, almost certainly a VM issue (or VM interaction with image)

Sent from my iPhone